Surgery in June? GAG!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surgery in June? GAG!

Hey everyone the nurse today said that the earliest she had to get me in for surgery was June. I have three kids and the thought of everyone home from school and me being out of order for a while freaks me out. Has anyone else had surgery during this time and do you have anything good to say about missing the best season of the year!!! Alissa

Hi Alissa...

You could always wait until fall. If you're going to be wearing a post-op brace, I think you'll find it much more tolerable in cooler weather.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Hi Alissa,

I left the hospital on May 30th, and I have to agree with Linda. If you do have to wear a brace, it gets warm.

Shari
      Last edited by Shari; 02-14-2006, 01:08 AM.

Comment

my surgery is in aug...

Hi,
        I'll be having my surgery in Aug(1st).... never thought about a brace in August??? does everyone need a brace??? I'll make sure the air conditoners are working welll!!! Lynne
        ps. I'm doing it in Aug. because my sister is avail. to help me then with my 2 boys(7&10). she has a shore house & will take them at least the first part of operation/hospital stay so my husband can be w/ me & visit without them...
        I did'nt want to tie my sister up to early in the summer since she is a school teacher & needs sometime to herself before she has my active boys!!! then in sept. they will be back to school (my second mth recooperating) & I'll need that school time break & hopefully will be fairly ok. to handle a couple thgs on my own by then...ly

Comment

Originally posted by lelc2002@yahoo
          Hi,
          I'll be having my surgery in Aug(1st).... never thought about a brace in August??? does everyone need a brace???
          ly...

It depends on the surgeon and the patient. Check with your surgeon's office.

Regards,
          Linda
          Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
          Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

I didn't have to wear a brace... don't really know why not.... I do remember freezing all my family and visitors tho, i was soooooo hot after the surgery, i kept the room pretty cool AND a cool wet cloth on my face.... if i'd had to wear a brace, i think i'd have become the first case of post-op spontaneous human combustion...lol..

Comment

Working...
            X