Update on Genevieve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on Genevieve

Just an update for anyone who was wondering how Genevieve was getting on.
    We saw the consultant today and Geeve is finally allowed to stop the antibiotics (she's been on them since 14th November). The bottom of her scar stopped oozing a fornight ago and now looks well healed. At present there's no sign of other problems so we're keeping our fingers crossed and praying hard!
    Geeve is so happy not to have to take any more flucloxacillin - she's been on twenty mls, four times daily (4000mg) and it tastes vile! Anything left alive in her back is probably immune to it by now anyway!
    She's still being closely monitored in case any infection is still lurking and causes any more excitement and we go back in a month for x-rays to see whether there's any evidence of whether her spine is actually going to fuse properly - but at present things are looking hopeful.

Lorrie

Lorrie,
    I am so thrilled Genevieve is better. You guys have been through so much with her surgery, it is time for things to get back to semi-normal. But, if your house is like my house, my normal isn't normal for anyone else. Keep us posted on how things are going for you guys.

Nikki

Comment

Lorrie,
      Just read your post and went back and read Genevieve's history. I am soo sorry. It breaks my heart that your daughter has suffered so much. I know she must be one great trooper as they go through alot with just the surgery and she has endured more than her share. Also, I am thinking of you and all of the heartache you have gone through. Please know that we are glad things are looking better and we will pray that things continue to be great from here on out. Didn't join until 11/2005 so I missed all of your info on surgery and infection.
      I can sympathize with you as I have a bad story about infection. Just lost my mom in Sept with infection so I can empathize the agony you have gone through. So glad you all are over the hump and glad you had a great outcome. Keep us up to date.

Laura P.
      17 yr old had surgery 12/16/2005 T2-L 1

Comment

Lorrie, good to hear from you! Congratulations to Genevieve on another big hump, no more antibiotics! Kris

Comment

Hi Lorrie, so glad to hear Genevieve is doing better and finally off antibiotics. Hope she continues to improve and make progress everyday. Good wishes to you both.

Renee

Comment

Hey Lorrie
            So Glad To Heard From You. Thats Great News That Genevieve Is Doing Better And Off The Meds. Hope Things Start Getting Back To Normal Now. Keep Us Posted Hugs To Genevieve Shes A Strong Kid.
            Theresa
            THERESA

Comment

Thanks for all your good wishes, folks.

Laura - I'm so sorry to hear about your Mum - big hugs coming your way!

Lorrie

Comment

Working...
              X