Surgery on 8th Feb .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surgery on 8th Feb .....

I thought I'd just let you all know that (assuming they have a bed of course as that's the way the system goes in the UK!) - I go into hospital on Tuesday for surgery on Wednesday. My husband is going to update my blog with progress details of how I'm doing if you want to check up on me.

I actually feel fine about it at the moment which is quite odd as I expected to be pretty stressed out by this point. I still have some bag packing to do and a few phone calls to make but mostly I seem to be in control!

They are going to fuse T3-L5 Anterior and Posterior with possibly a week or so in between the two so not much fun I don't think - still it has to be done before I can get on with the rest of my life.

Wish me luck!

Pips
    Double 63(T)/75(L) deg curve with big sideways shift - Surgery in UK on 8th February 2006.
    Post op 30(T)/33(L)
    http://warpedwoman.blogspot.com/

God be with you. I'll be praying for you! Kris

Comment

I'll be praying for you, also. I'm glad you are calm about it all, but don't panic if that doesn't last. Just have confidence that you are doing the best thing for YOU! Linda

Comment

Hi Pips,

Best of Luck!!! You will be in my prayers also.

Shari

Comment

Wishing for the best

Pips,
          My thoughts and prayers are with you for a quick and speedy recovery.
          Looking forward to hearing you're up and about!

CSC
          CSC
          Idiopathic Scoliosis; Wore a Milwaukee brace; Told by physician it would not progress
          S curve; Surgery date: January 29, 2008!!

Comment

Pips,
            You are well prepared for this...you'll do fine! All good wishes!!!
            ps. Buy something you've always wanted in the next few days---get the I-pod!

Comment

I'm one day behind you. You'll do great. You're so prepared!
              My thoughts are with you.
              36 year old single mom of teens ages 14 & 15.
              Anterior/posterior spinal fusion on February 9th & 16th 2006 with Dr. Anthony Moreno who now has his own practice.
              Fused from T-3 to S-1 (sacrum)
              Curve pre-op = 70 degrees
              Curve post op = 20 degrees
              No pain anymore!!
              Google is your friend

I am not a doctor and will never give medical advice. I will support and answer questions from personal experience only.

Comment

Pips,

I wish you all the best with your surgery and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

I just had my surgery a month ago and had many questions after. So once you are back home please feel free to email or post any questions and we'll all try to help as much as we can.

Take care!
                Shelly
                Anterior Spinal Fusion and titanium rod and screws inserted to correct 45 degree thoracolumbar curve from T12 - L4 on 1/4/06.

Comment

Pips, you are beginning the new phase of your life where your back will be straight and strong and you will be healthy again!!! There are some rough times to pass thru before you get to the other side of recovery, but please remember that you don't have to go thru them alone... We are here who have gone there before as well.... Keep your eyes on the future when all will be well, and try not to get bogged down in the slow and frustrating part of recovery that comes right after surgery. It is only temporary and will soon be over, and you'll be ready to face the world again as the new YOU!! Ask a million questions if you need to, of the staff and therapists whose job it is to help you....When you feel like sitting with your computer, let us know how you are and how we can encourage you.... God be with you, as i know He will.. (((((((hugs)))))))) JoAnn

Comment

You go girl!!!!! My thoughts are with you as you take the big step!
                    Meg is Spinewhine
                    31 years old with thoracic curve
                    Wore Boston brace as teenager, but curve continued to progress.
                    Surgery on 12/13/2005 with correction from over 55 degrees to under 25 degrees. (Ya baby!)

The nitty gritty at:
                    http://spinewhine.blogspot.com/

Comment

Good luck to you Pips! I pray you have an uncomplicated surgery and easy, uneventful recovery-

Renee

Comment

Just thinking of you Pips, and hope all went well... I hope you are soon able to let us know how you are. (((Hugs))) to you! (very gentle ones) JoAnn

Comment

Working...
                        X