Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need info !

hi ,
    i am sarah and i am going to have surgery on march second 2004 and i was just wondering to the people that already had the surgery what i should expect and if any thing bad will happen.first i want to know if you can do most of the things that you could before surgery because i am so freaked out that i wont be able to do all the things like swimming, bike riding,gymnastics, and all those other activities. my curvature is not in the fusion which i heard was a good thing. by the way i am twelve years old. anyway, i would like to know also if you get any taller and if you walk different and if it changes the way you do things. i am getting a rod in my back,can you feel it? i would like to know before march 2 so i know what to expect. please help me!
    sarah

Re: i need info !

hey sarah im hannah and i just had my surgery on jan 26 2004. My curvature was like 70 % curved at the top and 50% at the bottom. I had my surgery at the childrens hospital in new orleans, and i stayed in there for 5 days!! yes it was pretty rough, but you have to remember that it is for the best. The first three weeks were the worse i couldnt move without pain. The main thing that will hurt is your stomach, that was my worse problem, but all of a sudden you will feel better. i am better now, but not all the way, i still have a horrible pain in my shoulder blade, i am wondering when it will stop. before my surgery i was 5"2 after i was 5"4 thats pretty cool. well i am not trying to scare you im just trying to prepare you, and i wish you best of luck, i no you will do fine.
    much luv
    hannah

Comment

Hi Hannah,
      I'm glad you are on the road to recovery. Congrats on having your surgery behind you. My daughter is 13 and having surgery next month. You said your stomach really bothered you. Is that because of digestion issues from the surgery? I'm sorry I can't answer the question about your shoulder blade since my daughter hasn't had the surgery yet, but I am sure someone will be able to help you. How would you rate your pain on a scale of 1 to 10? Did it decrease alot after the first week? I also wondered if you had a double or single fusion. Thanks. Hope each day you are feeling much better. Take care.

Comment

hi sorloo! I hope ur recovery well im 12 yaers old also and i had surgery a little more than a month ago! it does change the way u bend over! Im allready allowed to swim but not cheerlead or do gymnastics yet!! I havnt tried to ride a bike tho[i havnt asked my doc either]I cant feel the rod from the outside but when u move ur hips around u can sort of tell its there but it doesnt hurt a t all!!Srry im a lil late for telling u all this!! oh by the way u can email me when u fell up 2 it at lassygal1@yahoo.com im here if u need me! Good luck wit recovery!!!!
        luve allways,
        *Paige*
        __-------______--------______-------__
        12years old had postier fusion Jan.22,o4!!

Comment

Working...
        X