1st Day of Work Tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Day of Work Tomorrow

Well, tomorrow is the first day of work since November 1. I am both excited and nervous. I will no longer be looking at walls. I still have to depend on someone driving me (my ever-faithful husband), but will see new people again. Think of me. I'm sure by tomorrow this time I will be sound asleep! Linda

Hi Crooked Spine,

Congratulations..you're going back to work! What an accomplishment.

I remember thinking if I could ever work again...I didn't care if my boss stood over me with a whip for 8 hrs...I just wanted to be healthy enough to get back to work. It didn't take me long to get over that!

I went back for 4 hrs/day for a month and then returned to 8 hrs/day. I'll tell you the truth...I was give out in 4 hrs...sometimes crying. My boss told me to only work 2 hrs/day...but my doctor had said 4hrs/day was o.k. and I thought I had to prove how well I was doing. In hindsight...I would have worked only what I felt like working. Please don't overdo it...if you need to work less hours do so. Believe me...you'll get back to your old self and will be left wondering what the hurry back was all about.

I will pray for you! Take care.

Kindest Regards,
    Gail

Comment

Linda, Good luck at work tomorrow. Dont over do it and listen to your body. One step at a time, no marathons!
      Mandy

Comment

Hi Linda,

Congratulations on going back to work. That's great. I can't wait until I can finally say I'm going back to work!

Let us know how it went.

Don't work too hard
        Shari
        Last edited by Shari; 02-01-2006, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Hey Linda!

Congratulations on being able to return to work. Altough in my situation staying at home ain't all that bad! But we all need to be around people and have that daily interaction. I hope it all goes very well for you.

Please take it easy and don't push to hard. Just remember your health has the be the most important thing and taking care of your spine. If you find that working is just too much for you take the time you need to heal your spine. You only have one back and it's the core of your body so you must treat it with special care.

Are you going back full or part-time? Let us know how it goes.

Good luck!
          Shelly
          Shelly
          Anterior Spinal Fusion and titanium rod and screws inserted to correct 45 degree thoracolumbar curve from T12 - L4 on 1/4/06.

Comment

congratulations on making it back to work! Tonight is my first night of 12hour shifts. However, there is no heat in the building and it's 32*/feels like 28* outside if not colder (back is killing me and the gortex isn't helping). Remember to stay warm and don't over do it. If you have your grabber with you, take it to work, it will come in handy if you drop something on the ground and can't bend down to get it. Again, congratulations. sorry if I ramble, the cold is getting to me.
            25 yr old female =^_^=
            Thoracic curve 48 degrees (with kyphosis)
            Lumbar curve 23 degrees
            surgery from t5-l1 25 July 2005
            Two rods and 16 screws later . . . 0 degrees YAY!

Comment

Working...
            X