1st Birthday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Birthday

Tomorrow (Feb. 1) marks the first "birthday" of my new back!!! I have an appt. with my surgeon tomorrow and I'm hoping that he tells me that everything is healing perfectly! Just had to share my excitement with all of my friends here on the board...I feel like we've been through so much together in the past year and a half since I started visiting this site! Thanks so much to all of you for all of your support!

Congratulations! Let us know what the doc says! Since you expect a "perfect" review, I am assuming that you are doing well! Keep it up! Linda

Comment

Hi Heidi,

I remember my one year follow-up with my surgeon...the day he released me. One of the happiest days of my life!

Congratulations and I hope everything looks great on your x-rays!

Kindest Regards,
      Gail

Comment

Happy birthday to your rods Heidi. I too had my fusion one year ago (Feb. 1 2005) so I know your excitement. Hope all goes well at the doctor for you.
        Mandy

Comment

Hi Heidi,

Congratulations on your 1 year milestone! I am 8 months post-opp.
          May I ask you how you feel after 1 year of recovery?

Just Curious,
          Shari

Comment

Happy Birthday and many many more!
            Shelley

Comment

Hi Heidi,
              congrat's on making it to the 1 yr anniversary! I hope you are pain-free!
              Lynne

Comment

Thanks everyone! It felt so good to walk into that office yesterday feeling so good and thinking of where I was a year ago. It's amazing to think of how far I've come in a year and my surgeon couldn't believe I was only a year post-op, he thought I was much further along.

As for the x-rays, he said that you can't really see the fusion itself on the x-rays, but we did see bone growth around parts of the rods which was a very good sign!

He asked me if there is anything I want to do that I haven't done yet and I told him "play golf and ride really big roller coasters!" I told him that I am trying things here and there as my confidence builds back up but those are the 2 things that I haven't quite gotten my confidence up enough yet to do again. At the end of my visit he told me that I am free to do any and all of the things I did before surgery and that I shouldn't keep myself from doing anything that I want to do.

We also talked about pregnancy. He said that I should have no problem being pregnant if I want to and that I should be ok to recieve an epidural (thank goodness!).

All positive things came out of my visit yesterday and I feel even more amazing after the visit! It's like a huge release to get the good news and the ok to do things I really enjoy and have been missing out on! YAY!!!!

Comment

Congratulations on your successful first year... Everything sounds great for you... Isn't it wonderful to see that all your efforts and pain HAVE been worthwhile? I'm very happy for you and hope things continue to improve!

Comment

Working...
                  X