Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gave blood today

Hi all,
    Well I gave blood today and am 22 days away from surgery. I decided not to postpone my surgery after reading your replies re:my husbands broken wrist and talking to family and friends. I also found out I can have a nurse or go to a recovery center if I want to or need to. That is a relief knowing help is available. I joked that maybe the nurse could take care of both of us. He will have surgery Mon, he is stealing my thunder! Thanks again for the responses. Suzy

Good luck, Suzy!

I can't help noticing, you're in Sacramento.

I'm in the (ahem) whine country, and getting care at UC Medical Center, SF.

Do you mind telling me where you'll get your surgery? I'm curious about alternatives close to home.

Thanks!

Anna

Comment

Suzy, I'm glad that you are feeling less anxious now. Tell your husband that he is not supposed to "steal your thunder"! The good thing is that you can be with him on Monday, baby him for a few days, and then he will have to baby you for a "long time" . Keep us informed! Linda

Comment

Hi Suzy,

BE SURE you baby your husband real good! Tell him to enjoy it while it last! Trust me...he's going to have to baby you for a while and you will have all the thunder you want!

Best wishes for a succesful surgery and a quick and complete recovery! I will pray for you.

Kindest Regards,
        Gail

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement! His surgery is tomorrow so he will be 3 weeks post-op when I come home. Anna, Dr. Matthew Mermer will do My surgery at Mercy San Juan Hospital. You can get in to see him ASAP as he doesn't have a huge patient load yet. He has been in town for about 6 months now. The office # is 916-962-1700 I had the option of changing my surgery date as they are that flexable. That is unheard of with other Dr's. Let me know if you go to him. We could meet for lunch! Suzy

Comment

Hi Suzy!

Got your note about Mercy San Juan hospital. Thanks!

I got a call today from UCSF with a first appointment of next Wednesday! I never thought I'd get in so fast.

Thanks for letting me know though, we'll see what the waiting list is like for surgery, and if it's a long wait, I'll call your guy up!

Meeting for lunch sounds fun.

Comment

Working...
            X