what should i do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what should i do?

hi clare, i'm from england, i'm 16 and have a double curve i think the degrees are 70degrees and 60-70degrees. I have a pending appointment with my doctor very soon. The thing is, I thought that having degrees as high as mine would require surgery and i thought it was quite severe. But my doctor doesn't sound as though he's too concerned about my curves being so high unlike me.
    Also if surhery is an option for me, how do you make the decision? I think i would want the surgery mainly for cosmetic reasons, because i have a bad body image because of scoliosis, and i know that cosmetic reasons aren't the primary thing to be concerned with in the docotors eyes, but im concerned about it. Also i would just want to stop any more progression, and also even if it's only progressing a bit each year, what will it be lik when i'm 30 years old? so i figure it would just be best to get it out the way, especially because i'm young and so there would be less complications if i had it now. On the other hand, i don't know if i would want the surgery because it's so major and frightening to think about going through with such a major thing.
    Another problem is, I haven't spoken to my parents at all about any of these feelings/concerns i have about scoliosis and any possiblity of surgery. The only person i ever speak to, and not in this much detail, is my best friend. An dof course she won't entirely understnd as only ppl with scoliosis would, but she listens. I just can't bring mself to talk about this to my parents because i think i'll probably just break down and cry about it and i really don't want that. And not a day goes by that i don't think about scoliosis and how i hate the way it makes me look. I'm happy with aspects of my figure but mostly i look in the mirror and i always just see scoliosis.

wow i wrote a lot there. Sorry about that, but as i said i can't talk to anyone else about this so i guess all my feelings have just come out now.

can anyone offer any advice or comments about anything i've said? i would really apreciate it,
    thanks , Clare -x-
Working...
X