Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11 days post-op

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to let everyone know I'm doing very well since my T6-L3 fusion just over a week ago. I think I"ve been fortunate to be recovering as well as I have, I'm only 27 years old so I do have that on my side. Still, I must say that the best thing I've been doing for myself is to WALK. I walk 3 times a day on my treadmill (on one of the slowest speeds) but anywhere from 10-20minutes each time depending on how I"m feeling. Yesterday I walked a mile! I ache from the minute I wake up in the morning but I force myself to walk and it does make a world of difference. I am wearing a brace, as uncomfortable as it is at times, I think it does help me get the support I need to feel comfortable walking around.

I did want to ask, each day has been better and better for me, but yesterday I was in a lot of pain. I also noticed that we had terrible thunderstorms, is there any truth in some of the tales I hear that once you have metal rods/plates in your body, you can feel a difference based on bad weather? Just curious.

Hi...

Glad to hear that you're doing so well.

I personally can't feel any changes in the weather (at least in terms of my back). The more likely culprit would be an increase or difference in your activities.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Hi Cwhite,

I'm glad you're doing well also. My family thinks I should be able to forecast bad weather now . I personally don't feel different in regards to weather. But I now have a new found fear of lightning!

Keep feeling better,
      Shari

Comment

Hi CWhite,

I consider my two titanium rods my "double doppler"! Yes, I feel pain with rain, sleet and snow and after 1 yr of tracking it....I realized it is a shift in barometric pressure. Not necessarily when it is high or low, but when it has a large shift from high to low.

I can not believe you are 11 days post op and you walked 1 mile!!!! Wow! If I had done that at 11 days I would have been in terrible pain...your pain may be coming from overdoing it! I wouldn't want to discourage you....because walking is wonderful for you, but that much may be a little too much for you this early on, but then again, I'm not a medical professional.

Best Wishes for a quick and full recovery!

Kindest Regards,
        Gail

Comment

Working...
        X