Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pregnancy, revisited!

Hey all,

My name is Melanie, this is my first time posting here although I've been reading quite a bit of the posts and find you all an amazing and supportive group. My issue is regarding scoliosis and my second pregnancy. I don't know if it's advice I am looking for or just a good vent! Both really.. Anyway, I'm 34 years old and am 4 1/2 months along with my second. My first was born when I was 30 and it was a breeze. I golfed (I hate golf) up until the day I delivered. I felt great. Now round two is here and I'm in pain. Pain that no one around me can understand. Every muscle feels pulled and my hips give out if I try to bend over. I am hyperflexsive, which has always played havoc with my scoliosis. My SI joints dislocate and a few years ago I was told my hips are degenerating badly. I've got an appointment next week to be referred. It's the first time in nearly 10 years I've even dealt with my back medically. I've admittedly stuck my head in the sand for a long time. Both out of frustration with doctors (and limited insurance) and denial. ok, I am rambling...

thank you for reading if you made it all the way through!

melanie

Aww Melanie, I know how you feel about the pain.
    Hopefully whoever they refer you too will be able to help you with teh pain during pregnancy and then afterwards.

Keep your chin up.
    36 year old single mom of teens ages 14 & 15.
    Anterior/posterior spinal fusion on February 9th & 16th 2006 with Dr. Anthony Moreno who now has his own practice.
    Fused from T-3 to S-1 (sacrum)
    Curve pre-op = 70 degrees
    Curve post op = 20 degrees
    No pain anymore!!
    Google is your friend

I am not a doctor and will never give medical advice. I will support and answer questions from personal experience only.

Comment

thanks kat. i think i'm just frustrated and worried.

Comment

Believe me, I totally understand that feeling. All I have done is worry and stress for different reasons but I understand.

After I had my second son, the doctors told me no more kids, it would be too hard on my body.
        I can only imagine if I had ignored their advice the kind of pain and damage I would have caused.
        Just try to take deep breaths, relax when you can.

The waiting for appointments is probably the hardest part of all of this and I'm sure everyone else would agree with that.
        36 year old single mom of teens ages 14 & 15.
        Anterior/posterior spinal fusion on February 9th & 16th 2006 with Dr. Anthony Moreno who now has his own practice.
        Fused from T-3 to S-1 (sacrum)
        Curve pre-op = 70 degrees
        Curve post op = 20 degrees
        No pain anymore!!
        Google is your friend

I am not a doctor and will never give medical advice. I will support and answer questions from personal experience only.

Comment

Working...
        X