Rotation correction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotation correction?

Hi all, My surgery date is scheduled for Feb 22nd. I have a lumbar curve that is also rotated. I will have T 10 to L 4 fused. (unless MRI shows disk problems and L 5 needs to be done too) I would like to know if those of you with rotation had complete correction of the rotation or just some correction? I thought I only had a curve (it is lumbar only, a big letter C ) I didn't want to wait to ask my Dr. when there are so many helpful people on this site. (And there is instant gradification here!) Also, with the correction of rotation comes loss of back hump? Thanks, Suzy

Hi Suzy,

Some of my rotation was corrected, I don't know the percentage. My back hump has gone down quite a bit.
    Theresa

April 8 & 12, 2004 - Anterior/Posterior surgery 15 hours & 7 hours
    Thorasic - 79 degree down to 22
    Lumbar - 44 degree down to 18
    Fused T2 to sacrum
    June 2, 2005 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @L3 7 hours
    MAY 21, 2007 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @ L2, extended the fusion to S2 and added pelvic instrumentation 9 hours

FUSED T2 - SACRUM 2

Comment

Hi Suzy...

The amount of correction to rotation that one gets depends on the surgeon and the type of surgery done. Some surgeons are MUCH better than others. If your rib hump is something that bothers you, you should definitely address that concern with your surgeon.

If you post the name of your surgeon, perhaps someone can tell you how their results were.

--Linda
      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
      Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

My Dr. is Matthew J. Mermer. Dr.Boachie was his mentor in N.Y. He was At Bay Area Hospital in Coos Bay , Oregon. Where I'm told he did at least 1 scoliosis surgery a week. And Now is at Mercy San Juan Medical In Carmichael, Ca. I will be his first scoliosis surgery here as he is new to town. So, Any Oregon pt's out there?? Thanks, Suzy

Comment

Rib Hump Correction

Hi Suzy,
          I had the double curve with a very prominent rib hump. Now you can barely see that I had one at all. I see it a little because I know it was there and I am looking for it. Can't believe the difference!!!

Keep the faith,
          Shari

Comment

Working...
          X