Spondylolithesis and Scoliosis surgery togerther

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spondylolithesis and Scoliosis surgery togerther

Has anyone had or know anything about having spondylolithesis repaired with fusing L4-5 and at the same surgery having T6-L1 fused for my scoliosis. Since I need both they recommended being incapacitated one time instead of twice. I have spondy symptoms and the curve has progressed.

I was told I have three curves. One is left T3-T7 at 25 degrees. Next is right T7-L1 at 55 degrees. Last is left L1-L4 at 32 degrees.

Robert,
    What grade is your spondylolisthesis? I have a grade II at L5-S1 and a 45 degree thoracolumbar curve. I'd be interested to see who/how many doctors have offered you this advice. I have spoken to about 8 surgeons about this circumstance and they all seem to be in agreement that a full length fusion should be completed (i.e. from T11-S1) or that only one of the conditions be treated. All have said that fusing two spots independently will not last. Although I only have a left curve, our affected areas are similar (my fusion would be anterior T11-L2 and L5-S1 if they were done at the same time).

Which causes you the most pain? Spondy or scoliosis? Since your scoliosis is still progressing, how old are you? Is your surgeon suggestion anterior or posterior, or both? I have found that most of my pain comes from the spondy (which is consistent with what most doctors will tell you) and have been able to prolong the inevitable with great flexibility exercises and epidurals (which are amazing) for my L5-S1.

Regards,
    Matt

Comment

Working...
    X