PDA

View Full Version : Discogram

Joe O'Brien
10-02-2003, 05:11 AM
Four spinal surgeries were certainly no picnic to go through, but the most painful procedure I ever experienced by far was a lumbar discography to determine whether or not my L5 disc was healthy.

Please let me know your experience. Patients who had previous surgery may have more potential for pain, but I also understand that there are several different methods for this diagnostic tool and I would like to find out if any of them are less painful.

Thanks.

mrm
05-23-2005, 08:33 PM
i have disc digeretive disorder which causes me to have extreme pain 24/7
the pain docter perscribed me 40mg of oxycontin and 2400mg of nueortine a day and it does a good job! i just went through a dicogram 05/20/05, to determine where or which disc was causing the everyday pain. Going through this procedure was the worst pain i have ever gone through!!!!!!!
At least one doctor was honest about what i was about to go through. He called it "Midevil Torture" and agree. If I had the choice to have my thumb/toe nail torn off with a pair of pliers or to have this peocedure again I would chuuse th thumb/toe nail!!!!

mrm
05-23-2005, 08:36 PM
i have disc digeretive disorder which causes me to have extreme pain 24/7
the pain docter perscribed me 40mg of oxycontin and 2400mg of nueortine a day and it does a good job! i just went through a dicogram 05/20/05, to determine where or which disc was causing the everyday pain. Going through this procedure was the worst pain i have ever gone through!!!!!!!
[COLOR=Red]At least one doctor was honest about what i was about to go through. He called it "Midevil Torture" and agree. If I had the choice to have my thumb/toe nail torn off with a pair of pliers or to have this peocedure again I would chuuse th thumb/toe nail!!!