Pain vent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pain vent.

I just need to vent about pain for a minute. No one knows what this is like except other people with scoli.

I must have slept wrong last night because I'm twisted and locked up today. My whole body is twisted to the right and tight and angry inflamed pain.
    I have taken my pain meds and muscle relaxers on schedule today, ( lortab 500mg 4x a day, relafen 750 4x a day and roabxin 750 4x a day) but today, it isn't doing diddly squat for my pain and tightness.

I keep telling myself, only a few more weeks, just get through these last weeks and it will all be ok but gah, I hurt so bad today. I've spent my whole day going from couch to chair with heating pads and rubbing pain creams into my hump and left hip but grr, just make it stop.
    36 year old single mom of teens ages 14 & 15.
    Anterior/posterior spinal fusion on February 9th & 16th 2006 with Dr. Anthony Moreno who now has his own practice.
    Fused from T-3 to S-1 (sacrum)
    Curve pre-op = 70 degrees
    Curve post op = 20 degrees
    No pain anymore!!
    Google is your friend

I am not a doctor and will never give medical advice. I will support and answer questions from personal experience only.

I feel for you! I know what it is like to have to go form couch to chair to bed to floor. Have you tried my favorite? Get on the floor and put your feet on the couch. It hurts like anything for the first minute or so, but then feels much better. Just stay there for as long as you can. I wish I could give some better advice, but I can't. Hang in there! Linda

Comment

Hey Kat. I hope that your pain gets better soon. I remember those days before surgery that I could only be up for a couple hours before extreme pain kicked in. I had such a hard time even falling asleep at night. I sometimes wake up now after sleeping wrong and know it when I first wake up. Just remember that there is a light at the end of the tunnel and hopefully one day soon you will be able to say you are pain free.
      Mandy

Comment

Originally posted by crookedspine
        I feel for you! I know what it is like to have to go form couch to chair to bed to floor. Have you tried my favorite? Get on the floor and put your feet on the couch. It hurts like anything for the first minute or so, but then feels much better. Just stay there for as long as you can. I wish I could give some better advice, but I can't. Hang in there! Linda
        I haven't tried the floor because I have such a hard time getting back up...lmao
        Hey Kat. I hope that your pain gets better soon. I remember those days before surgery that I could only be up for a couple hours before extreme pain kicked in. I had such a hard time even falling asleep at night. I sometimes wake up now after sleeping wrong and know it when I first wake up. Just remember that there is a light at the end of the tunnel and hopefully one day soon you will be able to say you are pain free.
        Mandy
        Right, wake up and just know that you slept wrong. I wish I had like a buzzer or something attached to me that made a horrible noise if you start sleeping in a bad position...lol
        I hope I will be pain free soon too. It's almost here.

Thanks. Just being able to vent without people getting that look on their face is great, very supportive. You know the look, like come on, it can't be that bad?

I truly love being in a place where people understand.
        Anterior/posterior spinal fusion on February 9th & 16th 2006 with Dr. Anthony Moreno who now has his own practice.
        No pain anymore!!
        Google is your friend

I am not a doctor and will never give medical advice. I will support and answer questions from personal experience only.

Comment

try a hot shower and just let the water tap you on your back. I often get relief by doing this. I hope you feel better! ~Shelley
          25 yr old female =^_^=
          Thoracic curve 48 degrees (with kyphosis)
          Lumbar curve 23 degrees
          surgery from t5-l1 25 July 2005
          Two rods and 16 screws later . . . 0 degrees YAY!

Comment

ditto, on the hot shower! I take one just about ever night because that's when I'm achey. I also have an herbal pillow/pad that you heat in the microwave for a few minutes. I put that where my lovely hump is.....
            Hang in there, you are almost there. Although I know the days go long when you're you're waiting for somthg like this. I know!
            Lynne
            surgery in Aug........

Comment

Yeah, hot showers do wonders. I love my heating pad more than anything...lol

It's so muc better today, just needed a full day of rest I guess.
              No pain anymore!!
              Google is your friend

Comment

Working...
              X