Jealousy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jealousy

Is it just me or do you guys ever see someone with a straigth spine and get jealous? I hope its not just me!
    Surgery: June 4th, 2004
    Main curve: 44 degrees
    Location of Curve: Upper Right Part of Back
    Surgery Type: Posterior
    T4-T12

Hey,

Whatz up?? NM going on here.

Actually, I was just talking to my friend today about how I look at people and I wonder " What would it be like with a straight spine?" So yeah, your not the only one. So what is the degree(s) of your scoli?

W/B
    ***ASHLEY***

Comment

My degree is about 50. How about you?
      T4-T12

Comment

Jill and Ashley,

You're not alone because we all wish we have straight back. Question - Do you also feel very self conscious, like, you think people are always looking at your back? Anybody thinks the same way? Cause I do.

Lily

Comment

Yeah, I used to be self conscious when I first started wearing my brace 24/7, but now since most people know about it they think it is cool. I am still very careful to wear clothes that are loose and that you cant see the brace, but I am not so self conscious any more.
          T4-T12

Comment

jealousy

I hate it because I can never find cloths that fit the same way they do a person with a straight back. Shopping for jeans that don't make me look like a frog is so time consueming.

Comment

the clothes i am wearing right now is a sweat shirt, and jeans (with an expandable waist). And when my friends talk about buying new clothes that fit them perfectly it makes me so mad!
              T4-T12

Comment

HI

HI my name is Hannah. I am 13 in 7th grade. Wearing a brace is very hard, especially at our age because we want all of the boys to notice us. BUt usually people can't tell we have it on.... And i still don' think i look bad in the brace. I mean i think i look better w/o it but i still don't think i look bad. And i can promise u that u don't look bad either. U are beautiful with and w/o the brace. Talk to u soon!

Comment

Jill,

My curve is 37.

Talk to you later!!
                  ***ASHLEY***

Comment

hi!
                    I had 2 degrees of about 20-25 degrees each, and wore a Boston. People could notice it from looking at my back because it would stick out where it was pushing on my shoulder blade, and would sometimes ask me. Loose clothes would look the best as tight ones would show my brace more especially there and also the buckles would sometimes show. But, you can get some really cute baggy clothes, and just remember - it's not permanent!
                    Now that I'm out of the brace, one of my shoulder blades sticks out farther than the other one and I'm really self-conscious of it cuz I think that other people notice it. It's also annoying when I want to sit against a wall - it's very uncomfortable. My older sister, who also had scoliosis and wore a Boston then had the surgery, has 1 shoulder blade that sticks out much farther than the other (farther than mine) and I can see it and I'm self-conscious about mine.
                    Of course I always look at others' backs and am jealous of their straight-ness. I think that's always the way it works - the grass is greener on the other side...
                    Good luck!

AZ

Comment

Omg like I feel the same way. I hate that some people don't have to deal with all the things I have h ad to deal with because of this!
                      ♥SARAH♥

Comment

yeah all the time!!!Me and my sister were in the car the other day and she was saying that her back really hurt cos she was in a car crash and i was like at least u hav a straight spine!!i feel like WHY ME??????i mean it affects like 4 in 1000 people and i would have to be one of those 4.

Comment

You said it! Yeah i can definatly relate to what you guys have been saying. It also hurts when people with straight backs take it for granite and do not even think about us (people with scoliosis). They will never be able to epathize on what we are feeling. GRRR! Oh well. Talk to you guys later.
                          T4-T12

Comment

I know what you guys mean. I went through 1 screening thinkin' heck why do I have to do this I don't have it. They didn't catch it, but a couple of weeks later I found out I had it. Then I went through another knowing i had it and the nurses still didn't catch it!!! Then this year, after i got my brace, I told a lot of people. Then for this years screening I didn't have to do it. After this screening, two people I knew told me they were really woried beccause they found out through the screening that they had it. One girl's isn't bad enough to be treated, but she is still being watched. The other girl just knows she has it, and is getting a xray later. So, that made me feel not as bad, cause i know that I'm not the only girl with scoliosis in my school! This may sound mean, but I was sorta hoping that one of them would have to wear a brace, is that really mean? I mean it sounds selfish, but then i wouldn't be the only one in a brac!

ReBeCcA a.
                            ~~Rebecca, 15 years old, 10th grade~~
                            I was braced for 2 years and 4 months
                            I went through 3 Boston Braces
                            Original curve~34*
                            Curve in 1st Brace~9*
                            Curve in 2nd Brace~14*
                            Curve in 3rd Brace~27*
                            Curve after bracing~34*

Comment

Yeah some girls at my school have scoliosis too, but not as bad. My degree is about 48 or so. There are two other girls that i know of that have it but there degrees are a lot less then mine (my degrees really are not so bad but compared to theirs mine are). This one girl in chorus was complaining that her back hurts (she does not have a brace) and it was because she has scoliosis. Well i can ampathize but her degree is like 16 plus she does not have to wear a brace. It just got me mad cause im looking at her like what does she think she's saying, im sitting over here barely able to breath and shes complaing about her "back pain". Oh well.......Any who i can definalty agree with what you are saying, and i dont think it sounds mean, you probably just want someone who knows what you are going through. talk to everyone later
                              T4-T12

Comment

Working...
                              X