Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a surgery date...Aug 1st! so far away?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a surgery date...Aug 1st! so far away?!

I have a date circled on the calendar!!! I feel better, I think?? I originally thought August was too close for me & now that the date is set it seems like a world away. Now I have to WAIT & not think about this! Of course I set it up that way so I'll have the most help from my sisters. My husband will take vacation time(what a vacation!) Now I'm hoping I can keep busy enough to keep it out of my thoughts--yeah right! My back aches keep reminding me! Lynne

Hi Lynne...

Congratulations on getting a date. It will be here before you know it.

While I think it's a good idea to have someone with you while you're in the hospital (most hospitals have fairly inadequate nursing care), you'll find that having someone with you for at least a few weeks when you return home is of more value.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Yay! Time will fly by! I got my date mid-November and time just flew after that. Only a little bit more to go now.
      36 year old single mom of teens ages 14 & 15.
      Anterior/posterior spinal fusion on February 9th & 16th 2006 with Dr. Anthony Moreno who now has his own practice.
      Fused from T-3 to S-1 (sacrum)
      Curve pre-op = 70 degrees
      Curve post op = 20 degrees
      No pain anymore!!
      Google is your friend

I am not a doctor and will never give medical advice. I will support and answer questions from personal experience only.

Comment

thks Linda,
        I think it will work well having my sister with my boys the first week, allowing my husband to come visit me alone. Perhaps by the second week my boys can come & visit if I don't look to scary....My husband will use his time off when I'm home.

Comment

Lynne

Well done on getting your date. I'm sure the time will pass pretty quick for you - it seems to have gone quite quick for me and the waiting list here in the UK is 18 months!

Plan a nice trip somewhere and use the time to get yourself fit and healthy for the op so that you can recover quicker.

Take care!
          Double 63(T)/75(L) deg curve with big sideways shift - Surgery in UK on 8th February 2006.
          Post op 30(T)/33(L)
          http://warpedwoman.blogspot.com/

Comment

I'm glad for you! I had to wait from May until November for my surgery, and it did seem like a long time to wait. However, it got here before I knew it and there it was! This will give you time to do everything you need to get ready.

By the way, if you like to bake, make sure everything is not too high or too low. And make sure your pans are not too heavy to begin with.

You'll do fine! Linda

Comment

thks, Linda,
              One of the thgs I'll miss the most is cooking/baking after surgery. I've been thking how I could do thgs. Possibly I won't feel in the mood to fine/dine anyhow! I pretty much test out new recipes a couple times a week. I have some of my stuff in some coffee shops(baked goods). A week ago when I decided on the surgery, I also decided to call around to my local hospitals/rehab centers & see if they could use me as a personal shopper/chef. two said they could! Helping out will keep my mind of my stuff!

Comment

Working...
              X