PDA

View Full Version : I Can Do It!

crookedspine
01-17-2006, 12:44 PM
Hello, everyone! Yesterday, I did something that I haven't done for many months because of the pain in my back and my surgery in November. I PUT MY SOCKS AND SHOES ON! :D AND I TIED THEM! :D :D :D It was not easy, but I did it. Only those of you who have been there really know what I am talking about...others will find out! I still have a long way to go, but this is a big item!

Also, I am going back to work on Feb 1. I am nervous about it..mostly because I have to walk a long way to get to my office, and to the bathroom from the office, but I am also excited to get back "in the groove". Linda

CurvySAT05
01-17-2006, 01:07 PM
Congratulations Linda. That is a big stepping stone. I hated not being able to put on my own socks and shoes. I hope all goes well for you at work on the first.
Mandy

SandyC
01-17-2006, 01:12 PM
Linda,
Good for you :D :eek: :eek: Have been there, done that!! Isn't it amazing how happy we can be over such little triumphs :) From now on it's down hill all the way...yippee

Gail
01-17-2006, 06:52 PM
Hi Crooked Spine,

Getting your shoes and socks on by yourself is a HUGE accomplishment! Oh, how I remember! Oh ,how I will never forget! Those are just a few things in life that we and others take for granted until we have the surgery. I'm happy for you!

Kindest Regards,
Gail