The Light at the End of the World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Light at the End of the World

It's been a few weeks since I've checked in to this forum. I read tales of suffering and perseverance, hope and darkness. I emulate these oscillating qualities in my own life. There are days where I relentlessly pursue athletic progression, running and lifting weights. There are also days where I all but give up, popping open a beer when I awaken, a la Jim Morrison.
    Staying composed, dignified and stoic becomes increasingly difficult, it seems. True happiness appears only as wraith in my dreams, and reality is an ever more powerful demon, haunting my every step.
    Those around me who take pity have equipped me with a smorgasbord of drugs, and hardly have I partaken of them. If I lose my wits, I lose my mind, and I'll become merely a shell of a man. I stay ever vigilant for the hope of relief, but know full well that it may never come. I can never relax, for this infernal disease won't let me. Life has become undying torment.
    I will remain as strong as possible, and through solidarity and understanding, hopefully we all can be strong. I always appreciate your thoughts.

-BaDnOn

"The future now incinerates before our very eyes, and leaves us with the emptiness of no more tries." -The Offspring
Working...
X