6 days until surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 days until surgery

Well - today is my last day at work. Trying to close up loose ends before I go on my medical leave. I anticipated taking only 6-8 weeks off of work, but apparently my doctor told my employment to plan for 16 weeks, I was shocked. I don't think that long of a period will be necessary, as I have an office job and have the flexibility to work from home if needed.

Let me just say, 'Spinewhine' has been a great help in preparing me for the hospital and recovery, so thank you! I'll try to let you all know how my recovery is going.

My details: 52 degree curve. Surgery on T7-L3 which will require me to wear a brace for a while post surgery. 27yrs old and scheduled to have the surgery in Cincinnati, OH.

Wish me luck!

Oooh Good Luck.

I'm scheduled for 8th February so we will be recovering together as it were. I will be getting T3 - L5 done apparently (I have a big lumbar curve).

I hope it all goes well for you - we can compare notes as we recover...

Pips
    Double 63(T)/75(L) deg curve with big sideways shift - Surgery in UK on 8th February 2006.
    Post op 30(T)/33(L)
    http://warpedwoman.blogspot.com/

Comment

good luck to you.........

all the best to you...sounds like you are very well prepared & you'll do just fine...Lynne ( curves :60 each with kyphosis(80) & thoracolumbar curve is 95 , surgery in August) Lynne

Comment

God be with you both! Kris

Comment

My prayers will be with both of you! It is an awesome surgery and recovery, but keep doing what the docs say! I am just over 2 months post-op and still wear the brace. It is uncomfortable, but it helps my confidence level, as well as my stability. I will be going back to work on Feb 1, so there's hope for you. I think the doctor just wants to be on the safe side. Keep us posted! Linda

Comment

My thoughts will be with you.

I agree, spinewhines' blog has been so helpful to me and I just found it last night! I read the whole thing. Very insightful, helpful, encouraging.

I go in for my surgery Feb 9th so I guess a few of us will be recovering at the same time.
            best of luck everyone!
            36 year old single mom of teens ages 14 & 15.
            Anterior/posterior spinal fusion on February 9th & 16th 2006 with Dr. Anthony Moreno who now has his own practice.
            Fused from T-3 to S-1 (sacrum)
            Curve pre-op = 70 degrees
            Curve post op = 20 degrees
            No pain anymore!!
            Google is your friend

I am not a doctor and will never give medical advice. I will support and answer questions from personal experience only.

Comment

Wow, I feel honored that my blog has been helpful to people. Yay! BEst of luck to you. My doc originally gave me a slip saying I would be off work for 3 months! But, now that I am on the other side of surgery, I indeed see that I can return to work sooner. But, many people do take a long time to heal, so better safe than sorry to plan for extra time off, right? Then, if you do return sooner, everybody will be so proud that you are doing so much better than anticipated, right?

I'll be thinking good surgery thoughts for you! Just remember to breathe, and take all the small victories everyday!
              Meg is Spinewhine
              31 years old with thoracic curve
              Wore Boston brace as teenager, but curve continued to progress.
              Surgery on 12/13/2005 with correction from over 55 degrees to under 25 degrees. (Ya baby!)

The nitty gritty at:
              http://spinewhine.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
              X