New Question/problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Question/problem

We had something unusual happen last night. Jamie has had a great last three days. She had no medicine but a muscle relaxer and tylenol yesterday and said she was fine and wasn't hurting. She slept alot because she was busy Wed night going to church. About 7:00 p.m. last night it hit. Wasn't her back but her hands, feet and neck. She said it was horrible joint pain. We tried heat and I gave her muscle relaxer and pain meds. It took about an hour to get her eased then it didn't totally go away until about 10:00 p.m. Has anyone else ever experienced this? Just threw us off guard and didn't know if it was nerve endings maybe rerouting or what. Let me know if anyone had this problem.

Thanks and love to everyone.
    Laura P.
    Jamie's mom her fusion was 12/16/05 T2- L1

Hi Laura,

Joe hasn't experienced anything like that, sometimes if he turns not quite the right way he will get a sensation he describes like "muscle tearing" in certain spots. I don't recall anything like that being described on any past posts/threads. Maybe you should give a call in to your dr. office to inquire, especially if it was affecting her neck. Let me know how things go please.

Renee

Comment

Hi Laura,

Haven't had anything like that here either. I agree with Renee. I'd call the doctor. Hope Jaime is feeling better today and that maybe it was a one-time thing. Or could it be the onset of the flu? You know how all your joints ache when you're coming down with it. Keep us posted. Love, Ann

Comment

Hi Laura, I agree with Ann and Renee that it might be best to call the doctor and just talk to them about what happened. I know that it is scary right now as we really don't understand everything that goes on in the healing process with our children. It does help to ask the doctor though as it can really ease your mind and it keeps them informed as to what is going on as well.

I hope that Jamie continues to do so well overall. Glad she isn't on the pain meds as much. Sounds very encouraging.

Take care.

Connie

Comment

We go back for a recheck Tues and she was fine today. Now we are up and it is 1:00 a.m. with the same thing. This time it seems to be more of a restless leg syndrome. Just can't keep her feet and hands still. Said "it dosn't hurt like last night just real uncomfortable. So we are walking and rubbing and using heat. This is so weird. Thanks for all of your answers. Leave it to us to be diff. Have a good one.
          Laura P.

Comment

Jamie continues to have this weirdness in hands and ankles at night. It takes me forever to get her to bed. I think it is Restless Leg Syndrome. Has anyones child ever had this after surgery. She just jumps around and she can't sleep. I will talk with doctor Tues but wondering if anyone else had had this. They go through so much without having something else. Thanks everyone.

Laura P.

Comment

Just to update, Jamie is doing really good. I think we have moved to the next stage of be careful, slow down etc. No pain meds for 1 week. YEA The funny symptoms in her hands and feet are just mild now. They got a little bad Sat. night again but we have religeously given her iron and I think this helps.

Thank everyone again for all of the encouragement. Look forward to continue getting updates from everyone and how they are doing.

Thanks for everything my new friends.
              Laura P.

Comment

Laura,

I'm glad to hear that Jamie is doing so well. Welcome to the fun part of recovery!! If you think you are telling her to slow down a lot now, just wait until summer.

We were told to keep Jamie on iron pills for about 6 weeks after surgery. Hopefully giving your Jamie iron pills will take care of the problem with her hands and feet.

Mary Lou

Comment

Working...
                X