surgery 2 weeks ago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• surgery 2 weeks ago

hi every one i had surgery two weeks ago and i can answer anyones questions since you guys helped me through surgery im happy 2 help annyone who is about to have surgery
    i was out of the haspital in 4 and a 1/2 days the pain is moderate and i feel almost back to normal i went to the doctors yesterday and he said i was doing fine and that i can finally take a shower
    ill answer any questions

p.s. thanx to everyonewho helped me!!!!!!
    M@ndy

Nice to know you're fine after the surgery. Are you glad you had the surgery?

Comment

question

What were the details of how you felt after surgery? What happened? Anything you can really answer because I am getting surgery in June.
      Thanks if you can!
      Surgery: June 4th, 2004
      Main curve: 44 degrees
      Location of Curve: Upper Right Part of Back
      Surgery Type: Posterior
      T4-T12

Comment

Hey im not mandy but i just had surgery also!!! Surgery was the best and the worst thing that ever happened 2 me!!U wont be home as long as u think u will be[at least in my case] i was only home 4 aweek then i started 2 go places lik my friends and grandmas!lol!! Well u can email me with questions or just 2 talk at lassygal1@yahoo.com
        luve allways,
        *Paige*
        __-------______--------______-------__
        12years old had postier fusion Jan.22,o4!!

Comment

Why did you say best and worst that happened to you? For best, you said you were not home as long as you thought, what is the reason for "worst"? Just curious.

Comment

THe worst is just cuz of all the change and missing school and friends!Um i was kinda the biggest event in my life so far.[ it was also the worst cuz of how scared i was b4 surgery}
            luve allways,
            *Paige*

Comment

my feelings

so far i do not regret having surgery and i dont think i will i do not think of it as a bad thing it has been hard at sometimes but mostly just because i am scard im gonna push myself too hard but im walking almost normally and the other day i walked part of the walk fame in hollywood and even got to hear clay aiken and kelly clarkson sing at a recording of on air with ryan seacrest
              at times i get sad because i miss my friends and even...school LOL
              and to jill k i wouldnt worry about the surgery i was scard at first and even cried when i got to the hospital the day of the surgery but then they gave me this liquid to relax me and i barely even remember geting anasesia and the next thing i know i woke up to this giant purple teddy bear from my dad
              After i woke up i went back to sleep again but when i woke up again my mom was there and we watched tv icouldnt belive the surgery was alredy over and i still cant. other then slight pain and the fact that im straighter it barely feels like i had surgery but i still dont over do it and dont you either i hope i helped and if you want to know more just ask!

p.s. sorry its so long LOL
              M@ndy

Comment

thank you so much for helping me. Is it true that you grow after getting surgery? The relaxing liquid sounds reassuring that I wont remember anything. What position were you in when you woke up (laying down or sitting up)? did you throw up from the medicine? Do you remember anything that happened the first few days? And finally : ), when did you feel like yourself again (when did you realize what was going on) ?. Sorry if that is too many questions! Thanks for taking the time to read this! Oh ya, what was your "entertainment" in the hospital?
                T4-T12

Comment

Hi im Zach....i just wanted 2 ask wat the degrees of ure curve/curves were before and after the surgery. And also which vertebra they fused....like on the top part or bottom(thoracic or lombar) thanx

Comment

degree

hi yeah i wanted to know your degree also before and after surgery so that when i get my surgery i will know. i would also like to know about degrees if you still have a degree after surgery and if you do is it a really small number?
                    sn sarloo (sarah)

Comment

b4 surgery both of my curves were around 60.Now The top is 34 and the bottom is 28.I also grew about an inch and a half.THe doc. told me b4 surgery that the top wouldnt b as corrected as the bottom cuz of all the ribs around it.But everybody is different with how coorected ur s[ine gets cuz everyone has a different flexibillity!!
                      luve allways,
                      *Paige*

Comment

hi! im happy i helped you jill k and im glad i helped right now idont know what my curves are because the doc didnt tell me but before they were 70 on top and 50 on the bottom. yes i did throw up once cuz of the medicine but thats nothing you can control. when i woke up i was lying down and i can remember just about everything after i woke up. And yes you still have a little bit of a curve after surgery but even people without scoliosis do, i have heard that after surgery the curve may still be a little more then normal but it cant keep growing curved so thats okay.
                        Oh yeah i preety much felt like myself the end of the second day even though it felt like i had been there for 3 or 4. oh and for entertainment there is t.v. and vcr and if your hospital has one there is a child life center and when your feeeling up to it you can go in there and play games and do art and theres always all ur visiters to entertain u LOL! oh and they fused vertabrae on the top and bottom for me but it depends on ur curves. well i hope i answered everyones questions and i can always take more.
                        BYE
                        M@ndy

Comment

Thanks for all of your help. I also have another question you dont have to answer this but i am really shy and how do you go to the bathroom and shower in the hospital? Thanks again so much you helped me a lot!
                          T4-T12

Comment

Working...
                          X