Surgery Dec 22, Home Dec 24, Root Canal 1/3/06

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surgery Dec 22, Home Dec 24, Root Canal 1/3/06

I just wanted to let all of you who are afraid of surgery that we had a wonderful experience. I was worried about all of the potential risks, but everything went smoothly. My daughter had 46T and 40L curves that were fused from T5-L1 (selective fusion) using posterior fusion with titanium rods and pedicle screws. The upper curve was corrected to 6 degrees while the lower curve is correcting itself and is around 15 degrees or so. Alana had surgery on December 22, home on Dec 24 and was off of pain meds in less than two weeks! Everyone told us the first two weeks would be the roughest and they were right! After that, it was smooth sailing for us (except for the root canal).

Once Alana was off of the pain meds, she started having a tooth ache. Turns out the anesthesiologist traumatized a front tooth when she was intubated which damaged a nerve causing the tooth to die. Consequently, poor baby had to have a root canal and poor mommy had to pay for it!!

Thanks to everyone for their support!

Timalosa,

That's great that everything went so well. Sorry about the root canal. Your daughter recovering really quickly. That's amazing. Best wishes to you and her as she will soon be back to life as usual.

Cheryl
    NCM

Comment

to Cheryl M

Hi
      I've been trying to get in touch with you... We live in NC and I would like to talk to you about your experience with Dr. Wattenberger.. We are seeing Shilt at Bowman Gray in Winston Salem.. Please email me privately...
      kristykomara@mindspring.com
      I sent you a private message, but I don't guess you ever opened it.
      Thanks

Comment

Kristy, I just sent you an e-mail. I did send you a private message but I guess it didn't go through. Make sure you don't have a private message waiting in the upper right-hand corner of this page. I alwlays forget to look and realize I have 3 or 4 waiting for me. Call me if you want to, I left you my phone number. We live in Huntersville.

Cheryl
        NCM

Comment

Working...
        X