another new prospective surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another new prospective surgery

Hi, i am 53 and have an 82 degree lumbar curvature, i havesevere right L3-4 and L4-5 foraminal stenosis resulting from this, beside a terrible deformed body. Up till about 2 years ago i had very little pain. I have seen a doctor David Donaldson from Golden. colo for 19 years, he was always amased at my flexibility and lack of pain and hesitated todo surgery because of this, he always said there are more and more medical advances coming around, he said i will know when the pain comes and i cant take it ,and i wont be able to work my job. So i have4 become more and more deformed, but never had to limit my activities, Well i have different insurence now, Kaiser, and i am about to see a doctor Braughen (i am not sure of spelling) He practiced with my former doctor and his advise was always surgery now! I am worried about using kaiser. i wondr if any one has had good expieriences with Kaiser. or has any denver or north scliosis doctors they can recommend. I might have the chance to get better insurence come march or april through my husband. I might be able to help the pain through my chiroprator. when i was seeing him 3 times a week, i was pain free, but finances had to end that. So my main questions relate to any doctors anyone can sugest around colo. I go to my first appointment with this doctor this next friday, any specific questions anyone can recommend? I guess i forgot to mention my pain is mostly evident runing down my right leg, most often at the end of my 12 hour shift, or when i dont sleep well. today i could barly walk 10 feet without pain, but i only slept 5 hours last night. Thanks for any advise, Joanne from colo.

scoliosis in the 50s

Joanne:
    I sent you a private message.
    Karen
    Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
    Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

Comment

Working...
    X