Scoliosis and Arthritis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scoliosis and Arthritis

Can scoliosis cause arthrtis.? I know that is probably a stupid question.Because I have my good days and bad days. On days that it rains or cold my back really hurts to the point that I can't walk. I have a question does any one know a good scoliosis doctor down in Alamba because I am probably going to move down there this summer

Hi...

I don't think anyone really knows whether scoliosis can cause arthritis, but there certainly are a lot of "older" people with scoliosis and arthritis of the spine.

--Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Hi Bubbles,

I don't know about the Arthritis. However, the shift in barometric pressure causes me pain. Not necessarily if it is high or low...but the shifting from either high or low. I tracked my aches and pains and the barometric pressure for a year. I usually had an achy back when it would rain, sleet, snow or the barometric pressure was dropping or rising. I hope this helps.

Kindest Regards,
      Gail

Comment

I know that it has to do with the change in barometric pressure. My chiropractor told me that. I have had that problem since I had surgery in Feb. He told me that some people are more in tune to those things than others and that I am an "expert" in that area. I think a lot of people with scoli are "experts" in that area too. Hope you dont feel too bad. Good luck finding a surgeon in Alabama.
        Mandy

Comment

scoliosis makes you more prone to arthritis

I was told that scoliosis makes you more prone to arthritis because of abnormal wear and tear and pressure on the joints. In fact, for an older person with scoliosis, their pain is most likely caused by degenerative changes in the spine, rather than the scoliosis itself. (According to my orthopedic surgeon).

Deb

Comment

Working...
          X