questions 4 Dr. Boachie Patients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• questions 4 Dr. Boachie Patients

we have surgical consult w/ boachie thursday. what insurance plans did his office accept ? how much time does he spend with u 4 consult ? how accurate r appointment times ? is his office difficult to find ? any other advice, please.

Dr. Boachie's patients

I sent you a private message.
    Karen
    Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
    Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

Comment

Dr Boachie's office..

Hi,
      I had my first appointment with Dr. Boachie last month,Dec 8. My husband & I came in from western NJ. We hit bad traffic at the bridge & made it in to the office about 11:30 for 11:00 appmt. Filled out the papers needed, waited for a while & then got sent down for x-rays. They were busy there & I think I got done with those by1:00. Waited upstairs again & got in the waiting room by 2:00 or so. Met with assistant for over all check-up, questions. Waited some more & I think Dr Boachie came in about 3:15 or so. Long, Long day. Perhaps they were just extremely busy that week prior to the holidays. I'd suggest reading material & a snack. we were starved! I also just talked to their insurance person(nice) & she made me feel better about costs for a possible surgery....Lynne

Comment

Hey Longisland Mom
        The 1st Time We Went To See Dr. Boachie. I Came With All Of My Daughters Xrays Since She Had Been Diagnosed With Scoliosis And A Note Book Full Of Questions. Our Appointment Was At 1:00 Pm He Took Us In Right Away And Did Xrays. The Nurse Measure And Weighted Nicole And Gave Her A Pair Of Shorts To Wear With The Gown. We Then Waited About An Hour To See Him. He Spend About 45 Minutes With Us. He Took Us Into His Office And Showed Us Pictures Of Others Who Had The Same Type Of Curve And Surgery He Wanted To Do In My Nicoles Case. He Is A Very Kind And Patient Surgeon. Who Made Us Feel We Were Doing The Right Thing For Our Daughter. He Answered All Of My ???s With The Patients Of A Saint. We Find Taking The Train Is Much Easier Than Driving. Though We Have Drove In Many Times. He Office Is Easy To Find It's At The End Of The Block On East 72nd St And York Avenue On The Right # 523. He Didn't Take Insurance I Paid Him With A Visa And Then Submitted To My Insurance Co. Do Bring A Snack As Lynn Said, If You Could Eat Before You Go Do That. You Will Be There For Awhile. I Have Had Some Long And Short Visits In The Past. We Always Eat Before We Go Now. Good Luck On Thrusday
        Theresa
        THERESA

Comment

Longisland mom,
          I don't think there isn't a wait of some sort with any of the best orthopedic surgeons. They are all so needed and wanted, they do the best they can at keeping some type of schedule. We usually don't have to wait long a Shriners. If our appt is at 10am, we arrive by 9:30am, have x-rays finished by 9:45am, and usually into see the doctor by 10:15am. The only time we had a huge wait, and they were so apologetic about, was when their computer system crashed and it made things quite a challenge that day for them. But, we just keep in mind that some things are out of their control and you just have to be patient. It's when you are in a hurry that things go astray. Also, the best surgeons will also treat you the way Theresa said they were treated. I couldn't believe Crystal's surgeon the day of surgery. She was in tears, because her biggest fear was waking up during surgery. He reassured her, showed her exactly what he was going to do, told her all the precautions, etc. Then the anesthesiologist came in several times to talk to her and reassure her. I don't care if it is a Shriners, Childrens' Hospital, Dr. Boachie's office, the best are always very patient with their patients and parents.

Because we have a 5 hour drive one way to Shriners, we leave the night before and don't ever plan on getting out of Portland before 5pm and come on home. By making that plan, we have bettered our chances of not being upset because we have had a wait.

Hope this helps. Take your notepad and ask all the questions you have, even if you think it might sound silly. If you thought of it to ask, it's worth asking.

Nikki

Comment

thanx moms, 4 boachie info

spending today prepar. ????s 4 consult tomorrow. nervous & anxious. wish i would've landed this site sooner. great 2 hear from people who've been there. cross the finance bridge when we get there. let u all know how it goes thurs. have 2 years of x-rays, 24 films & many ????s to compare w/ consult from our local ortho. thanx again ur input is truly appreciated!

Comment

longislandmom.
              I believe when I scheduled my apptmt, Nov. was out because he was in Africa. So I'm sure Dec. was a very busy month for the office.

Comment

good luck at your appointment with dr. boachie
                let us know how it goes since some of us on here go to him.
                Like everyone else said sometimes we've had times when we don't wait much at all and then other times we have waited.
                When we went for the first time i had a list of questions that i had written down and he answered every question.
                Just curious i see you are from long island as i am as well what dr. are you currently going to??
                good luck
                Jennifer

Comment

Originally posted by lelc2002@yahoo
                  Hi,
                  I had my first appointment with Dr. Boachie last month,Dec 8. My husband & I came in from western NJ. We hit bad traffic at the bridge & made it in to the office about 11:30 for 11:00 appmt. Filled out the papers needed, waited for a while & then got sent down for x-rays. They were busy there & I think I got done with those by1:00. Waited upstairs again & got in the waiting room by 2:00 or so. Met with assistant for over all check-up, questions. Waited some more & I think Dr Boachie came in about 3:15 or so. Long, Long day. Perhaps they were just extremely busy that week prior to the holidays. I'd suggest reading material & a snack. we were starved! I also just talked to their insurance person(nice) & she made me feel better about costs for a possible surgery....Lynne
                  Who was the insurance person in his office you spoke with? My daughter is scheduled for Apr 4. Her case is very complex, we met with him in January. We feel very strong that he is the right Dr. for our daughter. We have BCBS of PA and the insurance person in his office has informed us that we have terrible insurance (its a traditional plan) its not a hmo or ppo, so we have had very good experience with it!? Our ins has agreed to pay 70 % since he is not a provider/participator. The insurance person in his office said she needed in writing the $ amount of what they will pay not just the %. Our ins. comp said they never do that? Then she stated that we would need to pay at least half up front in cash. Have you ever heard of this, what did they tell you? who did you speak to?
                  Lisa
                  Last edited by luv4beth; 03-13-2007, 09:31 PM.

Comment

dr. boachie's office

Dear Lisa-

My daughter is seeing Dr. Boachie as well. She's scheduled for surgery in June. In response to your question, the insurance person's name is Theresa and she is very helpful. Good luck with figuring out the insurance stuff - I know it can be quite daunting in the beginning.

Best,

Sam

Originally posted by luv4beth
                    Who was the insurance person in his office you spoke with? My daughter is scheduled for Apr 4. Her case is very complex, we met with him in January. We feel very strong that he is the right Dr. for our daughter. We have BCBS of PA and the insurance person in his office has informed us that we have terrible insurance (its a traditional plan) its not a hmo or ppo, so we have had very good experience with it!? Our ins has agreed to pay 70 % since he is not a provider/participator. The insurance person in his office said she needed in writing the $ amount of what they will pay not just the %. Our ins. comp said they never do that? Then she stated that we would need to pay at least half up front in cash. Have you ever heard of this, what did they tell you? who did you speak to?
                    Lisa

Comment

Working...
                    X