Hello All.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello All.

Well its now been a little more than a Half of a year(June 20th) snice i had my sugery for my kyphosis and let me tell everyone something I have never felt better. Even with the PT(Physical Therapy) still a on going thing it is great to be back to normal with out pain. Also even better news I have gotten the OK from my M.D. to go ahead and Play Baseball this spring at a Full pace. Now for those of you who are just going through the whole sugery thought let me tell you its ok to be scared and etc but IT is for the bettter trust me. On June 19th I had a 125 degree curve on my spine today it is down to a 25 degree curve. Trust me when i say all the pain and hard times in the first few weeks are worth having your life back. Any question's on Kyphosis or if you need anything else on this issue PM me or post back. Thanks so much.
    97 degree Kyphosis is now down to 23. 12 hours and 16 days after being let go of the hospitol it feels so good to be back.

Congratulations on such a great correction and being allowed to play baseball again. I hope all continues to go well for you.
    Mandy

Comment

Congrats on getting to play baseball. Mandy, why did you have to have your rod removed? Just curious.
      Laura P.
      Mother of Jamie 17 YO Fusion T-2 to L-1 12/16/05

Comment

Hey Congrats on the playing baseball! It feels great to have your life back after surgery doesn't it? I know that after about 10 months postop, I knew that I had it back, and it was for the better! Well, take care and have a great time playing ball (my favorite sport

Ross

PS-Laura, how is Jamie doing?
        Matt

Rod Removal Surgery 2/4/2008
        www.myspace.com/ross40728
        Had surgery on 9/20/04
        81* Scheuermann's Disease
        40* Left Thoracic Scoliosis
        U Rod Inserted
        Fused from T2-L3

Comment

Ross,
          She is doing good just can't get her built back up fast enough. We have tried to go out for the last 3 days and after she gets ready it wipes her out. She was getting a little down but her friends came over last night and it perked her up. She is better it is just so cold here and would like to to get her out. I think the stomach virus slowed her down even more. She did eat a little yesterday which was a miracle. She is hungry but nothing tastes good, even milk shakes and ice cream dosn't taste good. So thank you for asking we are going to keep plugging away. She is 3 weeks post op and I am going to try and get her off pain meds by next weekend. I think that will help her appetite.

Laura P.

Comment

to witty300

That is very inspiring that you can go back to baseball! I too, have the kyphosis (at 80). My thoracolumbar curve is 95, T11-L3. I do hope I can come out in as good shape as you! I just e-mailed my Dr. to see how much my curves can be reduced. It is mainly the hump that bothers me, no real leg pain yet...I also have been researching digestive issues and scoliosis & found some interesting stuff. That worried me more than anythg since I have bad acid reflux & coughing etc. Can't put everythg on the scoliosis but I really thk the spine is pressing on my diaphragm??? any opinions?

Comment

Thanks everyone for the warm thoughts and thanks. It does feel great to have my life back. I do tell you as much pain you have at first and the PT after is more than well worth it to have your life back. Agian I am always here any question's just post them or PM and I will do my best to answer them. Thanks agian I just hope that Our H.S. baseball team goes far this year
              97 degree Kyphosis is now down to 23. 12 hours and 16 days after being let go of the hospitol it feels so good to be back.

Comment

Just to update.

Still some pain with practing with the balls on the ground and the throw( beause of the shoulder is the part of the yet 100% painless part of the back it will come). Now with the hitting the hitting is fine and the best part of my game so far right now.

As always any questions that you may need or if i can be of a help for you just Pm ME and I will do my best.

Also the Bar is still in I dont know if I posted it was out If i did't my mistake.

Comment

Just to update. Physical Thearphy is now done. Baseball has started and besides a few problems's with sit up's and some Ab work out's looks to be a great start.

Comment

thats really cool i am happy for you and hope u do basketball good!
                    thats my favorite sport but i can't play it even thought im 6 months after surgery but im just happy im good and not in pain

Comment

Originally posted by roxie
                      thats really cool i am happy for you and hope u do basketball good!
                      thats my favorite sport but i can't play it even thought im 6 months after surgery but im just happy im good and not in pain

Thank you Hopefully we will states this year. I am sorry to hear you cant play but hang in there it will all pay for its self in the future. Trust me.

Comment

Working...
                      X