does anyone use homeopathics??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does anyone use homeopathics??

my wife,whom Ive been married to for 4 yrs has a 50% curve and is in pain constantly.
    she will not take pills and surg. is not an option.
    I love her with all my heart and I am just now starting to understand what shes been hiding.she feels it makes her ugly also and that breaks my heart,she is an absolut knock out.
    thank for any and all help.
    bless you all,no exeptions.
    dave.

homeopathics

Dave, I sent you a private message about what I learned regarding homeopathy.

The best way to help your wife is to encourage her to learn everything possible about scoliosis and how to cope with it. Knowledge is power.

This way she can decide/empower herself to manage her pain. There are alternative ways besides pills to reduce pain. She can find them by searching this forum.

Karen
    Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
    Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

Comment

Homeopathy works for my pain

I use homeopathy because I'm no longer able to stomach asprin and Tylenol and can't take advil or aleve anymore.

I had nerve apin that radiated down my right arm from my neck and upper thorax. I get great help with that with one remedy. For the rhuematic sort of pain I use another remedy. I had pain between my shoulder blades that was relieved with another remedy.

Homeopathy is great, but it's not going to get my rib to stop popping out of place, so I need help with that.

I can see how your wife feels like she does, I feel like a freak too, but my husband thinks I'm the hottest thing on the planet. Something that helps me with my self image is a Bach flower remedy I got at the health food store: Pretty Face. It's non-drug too.

Comment

Has she tried physical therapy?

Dear Dave,

Sorry to hear about your wife's scoliosis pain. A big thing other than drugs and surgery that really helps is physical therapy exercises. They can stretch and strengthen the muscles that are pulled from the scoliosis curves and really give you a lot of relief. I have two large curves and have learned that physical therapy exercise is the only thing that keeps me relatively pain free and able to keep going the past 17 years.

It is best to get referred by your dr. to a trained therapist who can look at your wife's curve and recommend things specific to her. But if money or lack of insurance is an issue, there is an exercise dvd out by Elise Browning Miller called Yoga for Scoliosis that is very good. She has scoliosis and all of the people in the exercise class have scoliosis and she modifies the stretches for their various curves. I think that swimming is also a very good exercise to keep the back muscles stretched. Normal exercise classes are not helpful to me as I end up hurting more than being helped. She may have to experiment to find out what is helpful and not helpful to her. Then you have to stay on the program to maintain the good results. If I stop even a month, the pain returns full force.

Good luck to her and you.

Deb

Comment

rib pain

Hello,
          I am interested in the homeopathic treatments.I have lumbar scoliosis and have lots of rib pains associated with it. Can anyone offer any suggestions as to what I may try to get some relief and does anyone have this problem too and what do you do for it? I presently take muscle relaxants(which helps sometimes).
          Sometimes my ribs get very sore to the touch and is a pulling type of pain too. Also would PT be helpful for me to try?

Thanks everyone!

Regina

Comment

Hello Regina!

I use homepathics for my rib pain.

I use arnica 30c when I know I've done something that causes my rib to move around. That way I don't get the bruised feeling. If I've had a laid-back-kinda-day, I might not need to take it.

For the pain in the ribs that hits between the shoulder blades, I take Cheladonium 30c, twice a day. There was another remedy we tried that made my liver hurt, so I really needed the homeopathic doctor to help me with this.

For general rheumatic pain I take Bryonia. This is one that I take twice a day, every day.

For the shooting-nerve pain down my arm I take Hypericum 30X.

The homeopathy is NOT going to get my rib to lie still, as mine has become detached for the spine at the apex of my T4 curve, the ligament has given out. So I will most likely need surgery or some sort. I do plan to use homeopathy during my recovery so that it goes faster.

If you were to take up homeopathy, I would suggest seeing a homeopath. In addition to pointing out the correct remedies, she also determined my constitutional remedy, which is astoundingly effective for bringing about a feeling and look of wellness.

Comment

Working...
            X