Chest pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chest pain

My 15 year old daughter had surgery on 12/13/05 and is now home. She seems to be recovering nicely, except for a recent pain in her chest that she describes as feeling like there is a pill stuck in her throat (like when you accidentilly swallow a hard piece of candy), or like she has to burp (although that does not seem to help either). It is more pronounced when she breathes out. Anyway, she has had this very specific pain for two days now and her voice is a little wheezy at times.????? Anyone have a pain like this or know what I can do to help her?? I am thinking that it may be bowel related somehow?? Looking for suggestions.

Linda

My daughter had surgery on 11/28 and she has that same complaint. She also complains with pain on her left side occasionally. Her pain isn't constant but comes and goes. I wonder if it has anything to do with the breathing tube they had in during surgery and that area is just sensitive. Hope she improves.

Cheryl
    NCM

Comment

I also Found some difficulty in breathing after my op, cause when the surgeon took away one my my ribs, one of my lungs as it filled up with blood and it had to be drained! I had excersises for my breathing after that but it was just part of the op.

Comment

Hello. Im 18 and i had surgery on 12/13/05 as well. The side pains are gone now, but a week or two ago i was having side pains in my left side for days at a time and they would come and go. For a few nights i wasnt even able to lay on either side or the pain would be unbearable. Also I have chest pain often but mine only hurts in the chest, it doesnt affect my breathing or anything. Anyway just wanted to share my experience and see if others were having the same problems.

Comment

Working...
        X