No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all

I come from Scotland, 23 years old, female, and I had scoliosis surgery 10 years ago in May. My curve was more than 50degress and was twisting and wasnt stopping, The pain was awful and clothes didnt fit me proparly. I had to be taken in for my surgery with in 3 weeks of diagnosis! Thinking back now it was the best thing i ever done, and would encourage anyone who has to go through with it, to do it! I spent 1 month in hospital, I have to get one of my ribs taken away and part of my hip, then two weeks later I had the fusion. I main thing I was really worried about was the pain and losing the use of my legs! it terrified me! The pain has been defintely worth it! I will probably never experience pain like it again thankfully! but looking back now, the pain was nothing! As now a very rarely have pain! I found it hard getting used to walking again after also, everytime I sat up I would be sick, and having to wear a plaster cast on my body for 6 months after it was horrible, especially when it was itchy!

My back is rather flat now and the scarring very faded, I now play netball, and most sports.

I am now rather proud of myself going through with it!

c

Thanks

Hi:

I just wanted to say thanks for writing. Your experience is so interesting and helps me a lot. Our daughter will be having surgery in less than six weeks and she is really looking forward to it. The back pain she is having right now is pretty awful she says. We think it will be well-worth it too.

She is ready to get this behind her and start healing and living her life. She always hates that some shirts with words on the front never look right on her. The words are always bunched up on one side. I have promised her a shopping trip for new clothes in early spring when she feels up to it. Right now she is 5'8" tall, but she may gain a couple of inches with this surgery. She is looking forward to a new wardrobe.

Thanks again for your story. Keep in touch and let us know how you are doing.
    Marie

Comment

Hi

Hopefully my wee story helps her!

Good luck with the surgery! I can honestly say that it is definetly worth it, she wont regret it, if i didnt get it done all those years ago, i would dread to think how i would look now and how much pain i would be in!

So good luck and let me know how your daughter gets on!

take care

Comment

Working...
      X