Low Back/Leg Pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Back/Leg Pain

Hi everyone! I was just wondering, I have not had scoliosis surgery yet, but I have a right 38 degree thoracolumbar curve and what I can say is that I have very severe leg pain that radiates from my lower back to the palms of my feet. It is especially terrible just on my right thigh. I can't find anything that seems to help, and was wondering if any of you has experienced this and what have you done to resolve this? It is especially hard to endure sitting at hard desks at school since my pelvis is tilted to the left. What can I do to alleviate my leg pain? Thanks.
    ~Wanda~
    40TL curve pre op
    Posterior Spinal Fusion with Dr. Pablo Marrero
    San Jorge Children's Hospital in Puerto Rico
    June 7, 2006
    post op curve: 16

Probably needs to see an orthopedic surgeon. Might be a lumber disc protruding out. Take care

Comment

While you wait for medical decisions, ie to consult the doctors, you might try pillows or cushion at school. Good luck! Kris

Comment

I have that sometimes also..and i know what you mean..its really hard to get rid of, pretty much impossible. The only thing i usually found to work, but only worked part of the time was icing the areas that hurt. This is pain that i have felt after surgery tho..
        take care!
        Abby
        18 year old female
        scoliosis curve of 50-60 degrees
        corrective surgery done at age 12( 2001), first surgery a screw went through a vertebra, was then closed up and then re-opened two days later.
        After second surgery, fusion was a success.
        Rods, hooks, and screws put in.
        Fall of 2004 in volleyball, fractured three vertebra's, on June 2nd, 2005 surgery was completed to fix that, old rods were taken out and replaced by stronger ones.

Comment

I would say to stretch really well. Stretch your low back and legs. Also strengthen your core muscles in your stomach. The scoliosis is probably just putting pressure on a nerve causing it to flare up and if you stretch it might help. It always did for me.

Comment

I experience the same problem every now and then. I can normally keep things in check with alot of hamstring stretching in the morning and lower back work i.e. Supermans to help build the muscles. Went to an O.S. in June and was told that the pain is due to my curves...15 degrees to the right and 50 to the front. The radiating pain down my leg is due to swelling and pressure along my sciatic nerve. Was given an Rx of Mobic for the inflammation and after a week the pain had subsided to the norm, a dull roar. Hope this helps.

Comment

I get lower back pain, sometimes and I've been going to the chiropractor and it really seems to help so maybe it will help for you. You should try it.

Alyssa

Comment

i also get these really sharp pains down my lower spine, all over my right butt cheek, and then its progressing down the side of my thigh. at some points, this pain gets excrutiating to where it brings to me to tears and other times it is really just a dull pain. the last few days the pain down the thigh is the worst part. usually i just try to prop myself up with pillows to make it comfortable. but for some reason i havent been able to get comfortable and then just get frustrated and cry b/c it hurts so bad. ive been to the chiropractor for the last few months and the pain just keeps getting worse. taking 600 mg of ibueprofen and theyre not helping either. i have an appt. with my family doctor to get a referral to an orthopedic surgeon on thursday. so yeah i feel your pain and if u want to chat, im online all the time pretty much.
                Mandy Franks-18 years old, senior in high school
                Diagnosed with scoliosis in mid back c shape to the left, lower spine scoliosis inward, and rotated hips that are uneven in October 2005

Comment

That sounds like a sciatic nerve pain. When it is in your lower back and goes down your buttock and thigh i dont know what else it could be. Make sure to really stretch your lower back and thigh. try a hot pack or an ice pack (see which one feels better). I know that i get that pain all the time and with the help of stretching and going to my chiropractor it really helps.

Comment

yeah, so I went to get an MRI to see what was going on, and no nerves are pinched. Theres only shows to be liquid in my pelvis. Is that what causing pain?
                    ~Wanda~
                    40TL curve pre op
                    June 7, 2006

Comment

I dont know much about that but it could. I wonder what the liquid is from. Is it some type of inflammation thing? I would defiantly ask about that. Good luck.

Comment

you should really try a chiropractor. a lot of people say it doesn't help your scoliosis,but it does help the pain, for me at least. give it a shot. good luck

Comment

hi, the doc said that my leg pain is caused by a muscle spasm caused by scoliosis. i also have been having pains in multiple joints, more than 10 joints, and arthritis and SLE have been ruled out. Could scoliosis be the cause?
                          ~Wanda~
                          40TL curve pre op
                          June 7, 2006

Comment

I love your site, please see www.rxaffiliateforum.com then contact yongling88171@yahoo.com we can give you a fast signup and mail server for Rx biz

Comment

God bless u

dear scoli gal ...
                              i have the same prob .. mulotiple joint pain .. neck pain .. etc .. well i have muscle spasm in cervicle.. welli think u shud chkout sum exercises...and swimming is the best .. give it a shot .. but ill tell u 1 thing scliosis causes a lot of trouble tat we can never oimagine

but be brave .. believe in urself .. God bless u and heal u on my expense ..amen

Comment

Working...
                              X