Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surgery is tomorrow

Tomorrow is the DAY. AHHHHHhhh!!!!!!

Actually I am doing pretty good, almost to the point of it being surreal, or that it hasn't really sunk in. I don't know what else I can do to prepare, but I am spending my day trying to keep my mid off it, and being positive. I'll do my best to at least update my blog afterward, to let everybody know how it went...

I don't really know what to expect the next few weeks. I think the books, and other people sharing there experiences help, but I just can't really know until doing it myself. Here goes nothing!
    Meg is Spinewhine
    31 years old with thoracic curve
    Wore Boston brace as teenager, but curve continued to progress.
    Surgery on 12/13/2005 with correction from over 55 degrees to under 25 degrees. (Ya baby!)

The nitty gritty at:
    http://spinewhine.blogspot.com/

Good Luck tomorrow...

Meg, All the best. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. Please have someone let us know how you are progressing. Take care, my thoughts and prayers are with you. LYNN
    1981 Surgery with Harrington Rod; fused from T2 to L3 - Dr.Keim (at 26 years old)
    2000 Partial Rod Removal
    2001 Right Scapular Resection
    12/07/2010 Surgical stabilization L3 through sacrum with revision harrington rod instrumentation, interbody fusion and pre-sacral fusion L5-S1 - Dr. Boachie (at 56 years old)
    06/11/14 - Posterior cervical fusion C3 - T3 (Mountaineer System) due to severely arthritic joints - Dr. Patrick O'Leary (at age 59)

Comment

Good luck Meg! My thoughts are with you. I thought about you all day today at work... Everything will be fine, ok? Take care! You're in my prayers... Monie
      27 Years Old
      Pre Surgery: 76 and 68 degrees
      Post Surgery: 15 degrees
      www.bentoutofshape.blogspot.com

Comment

Good luck, Meg! You made the right decision in having the surgery. I wish you all the best for a speedy and uneventful recovery. I had my surgery on Dec. 6, so next year let's plan to have a cybertoast to celebrate your first anniversary and my fortieth.
        Shelley

Comment

Hey anyone heard anything from Meg? Well Meg, just letting you know that you're on my mind, and I hope you're not hurting too much! :-)
          27 Years Old
          Pre Surgery: 76 and 68 degrees
          Post Surgery: 15 degrees
          www.bentoutofshape.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
          X