52 thorasic 46 lumbar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 52 thorasic 46 lumbar

i was diagnosed with scoliosis last year around july and they just watched it. after 2 three month check ups nothing changed but at the start of this year it had progressed to 52 and 46 i am currently in a brace and i was wondering if i should consider surgery and what others would consider... my doctor is very conservative and doesnt want to but he hasnt done scoliosis in many years which makes me wonder why i go to him in the first place but thats another story... he many works with the problems after and i was wondering if there are different surgical options with higher success rate... THANK YOU

shaneric25,

If the doctor you are seeing hasn't dealt with scoliosis issues for many years, you need to see another doctor, specifically an orthopedist who specializes in scoliosis treatment. There are new advances in scoliosis treatment all the time. Someone who has not been treating scoliosis for a long time probably has no clue about the latest studies and technology.

Surgery should never be taken lightly. You should weigh all the options, and pros and cons. Being able to discuss your own situation with a medical professional who treats scoliosis patients daily will be your best start. No two scoliosis cases are the same. You need to find a doc who will treat you individually.

Good luck,

Carmell
    Carmell
    mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

Comment

well i think u should look into surgery because i have a 42 thoracic curve and a 47 lombar curve and they are saying i probably will be facing surgery around the summer time.

Comment

Working...
      X