PDA

View Full Version : BIG vacation coming up...

HGD24
12-07-2005, 04:34 PM
Ok...so this is the vacation I've been waiting for since my surgery....1 week at Disney World, staying in a 1-bedroom villa on Disney property!!!! :D We leave this weekend and I can't wait!!! I really feel up to this trip! I'm a little disappointed in that there are some great rides that I obviously can't go on, but this trip is one of the things that I looked forward to most during the early stages of my recovery.

I just had to share my excitement!

Jacque's Mom
12-07-2005, 05:52 PM
Good for you! Enjoy every minute of it. You certainly deserve it. Yes, stay away from those rides..................Enjoy the sun. LYNN

chrisfrie
12-07-2005, 08:49 PM
Hoooray!!
Have a wonderful time. Say hello to Micky for me!
Christine
June 13 2005 T3 -L2
Scoliosis and
Thoracic Lordosis

HGD24
12-18-2005, 06:46 PM
Hey all ~

I'm back from my trip to Disney World and happy to report that everything is feeling great!!! I stayed away from the really big roller coasters (which I love!) but did go on Thunder Mountain and Test Track...2 pretty big, fast, jolting rides. All of the walking was fine as well. It wasn't as warm as I would have liked for the first few days, but it sure beat a foot of snow with a lovely coating of ice like we have in Maine!

The toughest part of the trip was sleeping on the regular mattress...I really missed my Sleep Number bed!