surgery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• surgery?

i have a 42 and 47 curve i really dont want to have surgery i think that if this boston brace doesn't work i will freak out. any suggestons on staying cool or something

Have you tried www.spinekids.com? It might be helpful for you to talk to others your age. Some of the kids wear braces, some are going to or have had surgery and can tell you what it is like. They are all happy to meet and help new people who are dealing with these issues. Best of luck to you.

Renee

Comment

Yeah, the message board on spinekids.com is fantastic!! There a a bunch of girls who have had braces, have gone through surgery, and ar going through surgery now! I'm one of them, I wore a Boston Brace from 5th grade untill 8th grade, and decided on surgery this past summer. I'm now about 3 1/2 weeks post op and feeling realy good. A lot of girls have surgery, and going on spinekids will make you feel a lot better because there are a lot of girls in your situation. Sometimes surgery is really for the better and you'll be so much happier with it. For me, my surgery is all in the past now, and I'm recovering really well! These past few weeks have zipped by so fast and am so happy I had the surgery. My highest curve was about 65* when I went into surgery, and now that curve is totally gone and I have a little curve at the bottom less than 20*.

So, in short, go to spinekids.com and go to the message board, it's awesome there! There are a lot of girls your age you can answer your questions and help you get through difficult times.

I wish you well on your scoliosis experience and hope everything goes well!
      MARA

Boston Brace for 3 1/2 years...

Stopped wearing brace once curves got to 54* and 31*

Decided on surgery in mid-August of 2005

Had surgery on Novmeber 14, when the curves were in the mid 60's

Now I only have one curve of about 20*!

Comment

Working...
      X