Just can't stop the pain. Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just can't stop the pain. Please help

Hi everyone. I don't know whats going on. Lately, my lower back has been hurting me so badly. Nothing helps. Heating pads, meds, massages, nothing helps. What do I do? Should I call my doctor? Could it be the RSD? Please help! I'm getting restless from the pain. Do any of you have this problem? I'm about 15 months post op.
    Matt

Rod Removal Surgery 2/4/2008
    www.myspace.com/ross40728
    Had surgery on 9/20/04
    81* Scheuermann's Disease
    40* Left Thoracic Scoliosis
    U Rod Inserted
    Fused from T2-L3

Ross, I am sorry you are having so much pain. Crystal was having some problems with lower back pain. We thought it was just her back being overdone or still healing. Well, we were wrong. The last time I had to take her the the e-room, she was having a lot of pain in her lower back (across her kidney area), the doc finally decided to check her for possible kidney stones (saying at 17 she was way to young to have them). They did MRI on her in the e-room and found kidney stones. Well, she had 7 of them removed two days later. The x-ray tech said that doing the MRI it was interesting to see her rods as it gave them the pictures. She said it looked pretty cool. I am guessing this was the first MRI she had done on someone with rods.

I guess my point is, do call your doctor. You shouldn't be in so much pain. It could be something other than you back, it could be something internal.

Please check on it. I hate to see you hurt so much. You have always been such a great support to me. I read one of my first posts that you answered the other day. I thought then that you were an incredible young man.

Please keep us posted on how you are feeling. We are all very concerned.

'til later,
    Nikki

Comment

I couldn't agree more. Get it checked out. You shouldn't be in pain now. I have read up on the RSD and it is possible that it could be spreading. But it is probably something else, so you need to find out what.
      Just remember that you are a strong person and you will come out of all this with so much compassion for others. If you are still wanting to be a doctor think of this as a learning tool for your future patients.
      Good luck and keep us up to date.
      Best wishes
      Cheryl

Comment

Ross, I had my first surgery 20 months ago. I had my second 6 months ago. I have still been having alot of lower back pain and upper back and neck pain. I'm going for a CT scan Friday to make sure no screws are hitting a nerve, then the following Friday I'm going to a Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Spec. My surgeon thinks it is my psoas muscle that is causing all the problems. It attaches at T12 and goes down to the end of the lumbar vertebrae. When it's tight or to short it pulls on the lower spine which will also cause you to lean forward and cause lower back pain and upper back pain. Look up psoas muscle on the internet, it will explain it better. There are so many things that could be causing your back pain, hopefully we found out what is causing mine. Call your doctor or e-mail him, or at least see your primary doctor so they can rule out simple things. Good Luck.
        Last edited by Theresa; 12-06-2005, 08:43 PM.
        Theresa

April 8 & 12, 2004 - Anterior/Posterior surgery 15 hours & 7 hours
        Thorasic - 79 degree down to 22
        Lumbar - 44 degree down to 18
        Fused T2 to sacrum
        June 2, 2005 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @L3 7 hours
        MAY 21, 2007 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @ L2, extended the fusion to S2 and added pelvic instrumentation 9 hours

FUSED T2 - SACRUM 2

Comment

i had my operation nearly 4month ago and i havent had any pain at all, well except for the whole month afer the surgery.
          what sort of pain is it?

Comment

I'm no help at all, no first-hand experience with this exact condition, but I've dealt with others. I hope you have consulted your doctor by now, and hope the doctor took action. You've probably built up a lot of pain tolerance at this point, so the pain that is troubling you so much would probably knock over a bull elephant. Medical people might need to be reminded of that - once I clarified that for my doctor, tests were run and they discovered it was real, and in that case, serious (deep vein thrombosis). I hope and pray that you are getting some relief now.

Please let us know how you are doing. You have been in my thoughts and prayers and will continue to be so...

SanD
            Son, David, age 16 1/2, had T-5 to T-11 fusion/instrumentation surgery at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital Dec. 12, '05 to hold major curve
            Diagnosed Feb. '03, T36*, L28*
            Boston TLSO brace
            May '03 T44*, L36*
            July '04 T54*, L45* d/c brace, not holding curves
            June '05 T68*, L48*
            Initial post-surgery estimate T55*, L45*

Comment

Working...
            X