Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First snow!

Well, it is not about scoliosis, but I think we have to have some break..^^

we had first snow in Korea, and I feel excited.
    Today( actually, yesterday) I stayed at home all day long to study for my exam, but tomorrow I will go outside and feel winter.

I really hope all of you to enjoy winter!!( Even if you don't like it.)

GirlfromKorea,
    I'm from Northern Nevada....high desert, and we had our first snow a few days ago. I just love winter and the snow. Your absolutly right we all need a break from our scoli
    SandyC

Comment

We live in NE Oregon and have had snow off and on for two weeks. We got 8-10 inches last night. Like SandyC I love the snow. I can't believe it is December 3 and we already have over a foot of snow on the ground. Could be a long cold winter.

Enjoy the quietness and peacefulness of the snow and let it bring with it the holiday spirit.

Take care and enjoy,
      Nikki

Comment

Falling snow is so beautiful and peaceful. Hope you all enjoy to the fullest this beautiful experience.

Comment

Snow

Yes, we have some snow out here in the Phila, Pa area. I used to love snow. But now that I have a son who is a fairly new driver, I look at it differently. He has never driven in the snow. How do you teach someone to drive in the snow? I'm not really looking for an answer here. We just never stop worrying about our kids.
          Melissa
          Melissa
          From Bucks County, Pa., USA

Mom to Matthew,19, Jessica, 17, and Nicole, 14
          Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

yes,, my parents would think like you do.
            I don't drive and I go to school by subway, so I usually don't think
            how drivers would think when it is snowy.

I also worry when it snows because of my parents. they drive to work.

it is really strange to think this way, but sometimes I wish there would snow that melts as soon as it reach to the ground.^^

we can see snow, and also people can drive safely. right?^^

Comment

Fortunately, we live in the country on gravel roads. That is were all our kids have been learning to drive. I don't know why, but at our house I have been the one to teach the girls to drive. They even have a hard time getting dad in a rig with them. But, when he finally does, he tells them what good drivers they are. We just take our girls out on the country roads where we can go very slow and have them test several things on the pickup at a very slow speed to see the reaction they will get from the vehicle. But, but we also have 4 wheel drive, because we live in the climate we live in, for extra saftey. We teach them when and how to use the 4 wheel drive and when not to push a bad situation with the roads. Good luck, it is hair raising.

Comment

I love the snow but dread what is happening already, it melts and becomes ice for at least 4 months here in Canada, with temps that are already -10, -20 degrees celsius As a walker that is great for my back, I want to walk everyday but it gets hard and is a pain. Wouldn't want to fall.
                35 y/old female from Montreal, Canada
                Diagnosed with scoliosis(double major) at age 12, wore Boston brace 4 years at least 23 hours a day-curve progressed
                Surgery age 26 for 60 degree curve in Oct. 1997 by Dr.Max Aebi-fused T5 to L2
                Surgery age 28 for a hook removal in Feb. 1999 by Dr.Max Aebi-pain free for 5 years
                Surgery age 34 in Dec.2005 for broken rod replacement, bigger screws and crosslinks added and pseudarthrosis(non union) by Dr. Jean Ouellet

Comment

Snow

Yes,
                  I agree that snow melting as soon as it hits the ground would be good. At least on the roads. Because the kids love all of the snow on the grass for sledding, building snowmen and having snowball fights. Melissa
                  Melissa
                  From Bucks County, Pa., USA

Mom to Matthew,19, Jessica, 17, and Nicole, 14
                  Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

Working...
                  X