Questions? Comments? Need a Shoulder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions? Comments? Need a Shoulder?

Hi everyone, my name is Beth and I had surgery to correct my scoliosis in 1999 when I had just started my Freshman year of high school. My surgery was an absolute disaster and didn't work. My curve was at almost 70º and now it is still at almost 60º. I have two 13 inch surgical steel rods straight up my spine and it's not that bad. I had to stop playing sports but I got over it. Once the surgery is over it sucks not being able to do anything but that only lasts like a month. If anyone needs someone to talk to, you can talk to me, I'm always around. I have no life anymore. I refused another surgery and even if I wanted one now I couldn't have it. I hope it was the right decision but it doesn't make a difference either way. I have researched Scoliosis extensively and I pretty much can direct an answer to any question. So, if anyone needs ANYTHING just ask, and I'll be here.

my curves are only 52 and 46 and i was wondering with the research youve done if you think it would be wise to have the surgery. i have heard that anything between 30 and 60 MAY get worse in adulthood. but now after going to some of these chat rooms i have heard alot of bad stories. is there alternative surgeries that have higher success rates? i am in a brace now but they dont think it will improve just stabalize, but what about after i am taken out of it in a year?. so if you have any advice it would be much appreciated THANK YOU

Comment

The best advice I can give you is to have the surgery and do exactly what the doctors say. I started playing sports again not too long after and they think that might be a part of my problem. Take it easy and seriously rest alot. There is a woman on one of the adult forums that has an exercise program that you can try out and she has a 38º curve and had no surgery and it's virtually straight now because of her workout. Talk to her and see what she has to say. But my advice to you is to get the surgery.
      **BETH**

Comment

Working...
      X