Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Again!

Hi folks
    Well, Genevieve has finally been allowed home again and we're very glad to be here. She's as bright as a button and has demanded to be allowed back to school tomorrow! If it wasn't for the worry that there could still be infection contaminating the rods I'd be totally happy with her.
    She's still taking big doses of antibiotics with predictable effects. Now that we're home I can get her back on the acidopholus tablets which helped a lot last time. We're going away next week for a fortnight to get some hyperbaric oxygen therapy for her to help with controlling the infection - some studies have shown excellent results so we hope it will help.
    Wish us luck!
    Lorrie

Thanks for posting; I've read your posts in the past and was wondering how your little girl was making out. Hope you continue to see great improvement! p

Comment

Hey Lorrie
      Heres Lots Of Luck Coming Your Way. My Dad Went For Treatments With Hyperbaric Oxgen Years Ago For An Infection In His Leg. He Has Diabetes And This Helped Him Get Rite Of The Problem.
      I Will Keep Genevieve In My Prayers
      Theresa
      THERESA

Comment

Hello again - we're home from Dundee having had hyperbaric oxygen everyday for the fornight. Genevieve tolerated it very well - a little scared at first of all the hissing noises when we were compressing and nervous of the mask (not the little transparent plastic type but proper big ones - she looked like a fighter pilot and sounded like Darth Vadar) at first. She soon got very used to it all and made no fuss at all. We were lucky that we were able to use a big multi-person camber so I was able to go in with her and look after her.
        This treatment should have kick-started the healing process and enabled her body to deal with the infection. The benefits continue after the treatment - thye don't just stop when the treatment does.
        There is till evidence of some infection - she developed another oozy bit almost as soon as we got to Dundee butwe are now more hopeful that this will clear. Certainly she is much better in herself - i haven't seen her laugh so much in months and she's eating like a horse - putting away big platefuls of scrambled eggs for breakfast when normal is for me to havd to fight for every mouthful!
        We go back to the hospital to see the surgeon tomorrow so we'll see what he says about her progress.
        Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers.
        Lorrie

Comment

Hi Lorrie
          So Glad To Hear Genevieve Is Feeling And Doing Well. Good Luck At The Doctor Tomorrow.
          Theresa
          THERESA

Comment

Working...
          X