Lower Back Pains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower Back Pains

I have a question. I have a lumbar curve of 38, and I was wondering if it is normal to have back pain in the lower back, not most of the time, but instead all of the time. I mean, the pain is never gone. I always have back pain.
    ~Wanda~
    40TL curve pre op
    Posterior Spinal Fusion with Dr. Pablo Marrero
    San Jorge Children's Hospital in Puerto Rico
    June 7, 2006
    post op curve: 16

Hi,

I think lower back pain is not uncommon and people may experience it to different degrees. I have scoli also (upper and lower) and have lived with back & hip pain/soreness on a daily basis for a few years now and I've gotten used to it. I find excercising & stretching help alot. My son is starting to get more soreness and pulled muscles in lower back also.

Renee

Comment

Since I was diagnosed at age 14 (now 50), I have never had any back pain/aches. A steady backache for the past 2 months had prompted me to get checked. Found my lumbar curve had progressed to 53 degrees. I started physical therapy and find that stretching and exercies helps me alot. The backache may be caused by a shifting and strain on the lower back muscles due to the change in the curvature.

Comment

I have a middle/lower curve and do get back pain...I guess you just learn to live with it. My doctor is not willing to perscribe me meds I am just stuck taking advil. I have had pain before and after my surgery (2 1/2 yrs ago)

Comment

Originally posted by ScoliGal
          I have a question. I have a lumbar curve of 38, and I was wondering if it is normal to have back pain in the lower back, not most of the time, but instead all of the time. I mean, the pain is never gone. I always have back pain.
          HI ther..I have lower back pain as well....great question

Comment

Working...
          X