Hi, I'm new.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, I'm new.

Hi, my name is Wanda and I'm new here. I was diagnosed with Scoliosis at age 14; I'll be turning 16 soon. I have a thoracolumbar curve of 38 degrees, and have recently been told that I will be having surgery during the summer of 2006. However, this is still indefinite. But I think that I will most likely be having the surgery because the curve will probably progress.
    ~Wanda~
    40TL curve pre op
    Posterior Spinal Fusion with Dr. Pablo Marrero
    San Jorge Children's Hospital in Puerto Rico
    June 7, 2006
    post op curve: 16

Hi ScoliGal. Welcome to the group. My name is Ross. I'm 16. Im from SW Louisiana. If you have any questions or would just like to talk to someone with Scoliosis or who has had the surgery, please dont hesitate to email me at
    hard_roc_child08@hotmail.com
    Ok, well, take care! Ross
    Matt

Rod Removal Surgery 2/4/2008
    www.myspace.com/ross40728
    Had surgery on 9/20/04
    81* Scheuermann's Disease
    40* Left Thoracic Scoliosis
    U Rod Inserted
    Fused from T2-L3

Comment

hi wanda, welcome to nsf forums. i'm marlana, and for all my info just look in my signature. i'm sorry that things aren't looking well with your scoliosis, but maybe your curves will get better. if you have any questions let me know
      Marlana
      16, Senior
      Spina Bifida
      Boston Brace for 2 years
      Spinal Fusion July 25, 2002
      Post-Op Brace for 6 months

Comment

Welcome to the forum. You really have found the best place for support here. Any questions that you have just ask away and someone will answer you.
        Best wishes
        Cheryl

Comment

im new too. i joined yesterday. my curve was in the 70s of degrees, and within a year it had increased to 98degrees.
          im also 16

Comment

Questions?

Hi. If anyone needs any questions answered or just wants to talk, don't hesitate to ask me. I am willing to talk with anyone. And I will try to do my best with answering any questions. I had surgery to correct adolescent ideopathic scoliosis almost 4 years ago (feb 6). I am 15 years old and will be 16 soon. (march 11 )
            Last edited by Chrissi; 02-06-2006, 06:02 PM.
            Christine Workman

Comment

Hi Wanda-

I'm Sam, and I had the surgery 8 months ago. I'm 16 years old, and I promise you, the surgery is not as bad as it sounds.

If you have any questions, I'd love to answer them

The only thing I can tell you right now is how important it is to have a positive attitude about this, and that it's not a bad thing at all. Don't be scared about it--everything is going to be fine.

-Sam

ps-Sheena, are you scheduled for sugery?
              xo Sam

Comment

Hi all,
                Im fairly new to this too. I have a few questions i was hoping someone could answer. Was there anything you wished you had at the hospitol that you didnt? How long ago did you have surgery and how does your scar look now? What kind of machines and equipment were you hooked to?(ie heart moniter, breathing machine or oxygen, catheder, etc.) Thanks so much for the help.
                My name is sierra
                I am 17 years old
                Both my curves are between 55-60 degrees
                I had surgery on March 10th 2006

Post op my curves are 22 on top and 25 on bottom
                I had a selective fussion where they only fussed the top curve hoping the bottom would follow

Comment

Sierra's Question

Hi Sierra,
                  Now, my scar is only faintly visible. My surgery was about 7 hours long. I wished that I had the rest of my family with me at the hospital. I only had my mom and dad. I had the surgery 4 years ago today (feb 6). I was hooked up to an IV, and a bunch of other things for medication. Thats pretty much it. I hope that this helped. If you have any other question, dont be afraid to ask. Good luck with your surgery in March!

Love Always, Christine
                  Christine Workman

Comment

Working...
                  X