Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions For The Neuro?

Hi all,
    after much dragging of feet and an even longer wait once the dragging stopped, I'll finally be talking to a neurologist tomorrow. Which brings me to ask - I know a lot of you have been through this before, and know what to ask. I've put down what I'm talking to him about below. Would you ask anything else?

The long story - congenital kyphoscoliosis, congenitally fused T9-T11. Scoliosis is apparently 21*, kyphosis 42*.
    G.P. has handled it up to now, and was great at first, but I've been increasingly disenchanted with him. Picked it up on x-rays and sent me to PT, which was great. Following on from that, not so great.
    I have the beginnings of degeneration in the T8-T9 disc space. G.P. has told me nothing more than 'don't have a car accident', and will not tell me anything on how to protect it or prevent further degeneration.
    Also have mixed tension/migraine headaches coming from weakened neck and shoulder muscles. I suspect these are coming from pinched/damaged nerves, as I have all sorts of neurological symptoms even when I do the simplest things. G.P. is solely blaming muscular tension, and is convinced that I am just a migraine sufferer. He also doesn't think that my spine needs to be watched for further degeneration (what's up with that?)...

So I'm off to the neurologist to firstly have him watch my spine and to hopefully get a greater idea of how to look after it, and secondly to investigate where the heck my headaches and pain are coming from - whether they are simply what my doctor thinks they are, or whether there are pinched nerves involved.

Also pondering asking for a full checkout, as I've seen a mention or two on here of congenital spinal defects sometimes being linked with kidney defects. I've never had anything like this chased up either.

I appreciate your replies in advance! Hope this neuro knows his stuff... ones who deal with this type of thing are few and far between in Perth (most isolated capital city on the planet!), and he was recommended to me solely by a family member with a fusion and a degenerating spine. Wish me luck!
    (I'll have to post in the physician feedback forum afterwards for the Perthians on here!)

Thanks!
    Martin Hughes
Working...
X