Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, the surgery is Finished

Hi All! This is Roy, Linda's Husband.

Linda sounded and looked better this morning. The third and final surgery took place this afternoon. And everything went very well. The Dr. was very pleased with the way the procedure went. I was able to see Linda in the post op room, and she was still in pain from the surgery. She did not have any bleeding complications, and will not be in ICU. She will be back in her room in the morning. Now starts the really hard part for Linda, getting out of bed and moving again.
    I would like to say "THANKS" for all of your thoughts and prayers. We had a couple of rough days, see http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2771, but with all of your prayers, she pulled through a difficult time.

I am sure that as soon as she is able to, she will post her experience. And I will keep you all updated with her progress.

Roy

Thanks for keeping us updated Roy, I'm glad things went well... She'll be in my prayers and my thoughts, and here's hoping that she has a swift recovery. Thank you again, and God Bless...
    27 Years Old
    Pre Surgery: 76 and 68 degrees
    Post Surgery: 15 degrees
    www.bentoutofshape.blogspot.com

Comment

Glad to hear the third surgery went well. Best wishes for a speedy and uneventful recovery.

Renee

Comment

Right On!

Roy & Linda,
        I am so jazzed to hear it went so well this time!!! I thought about you all day yesterday. Once she gets her meds organized, and somewhat of a routine established, she will feel more and more confident. Every day is another day toward feeling better. Mark and I are so happy for you both! I'm just a month out and I'm amazed at how much I can do! I hope she gets to go to a rehab facility for a while: I was there for a week and learned so much in that positive, nurturing environment.
        Thanks for keeping us posted!
        Sharon
        Singing the Blues
        Female 1951
        A/P Surgery Oct 13th & 17th '05, from T7-L5, 46 degree curve reduced to 19 degrees. Rib hump almost gone, but I have flatback. Thought it was "normal" and I would improve over time. I developed kyphosis above the surgical area. Had surgery with Dr Menmuir in Reno, Nv on October 13, 2010.
        Today I am still plagued with flatback, and I'm considering ALIF surgery.

Comment

Roy,

I am praying for you and Linda. I am so happy the surgery is finally behind her. May God heal her body completely and quickly.

Kindest Regards,
          Gail

Comment

Hi All!

Yesterday was a good day for Linda. They removed all IV's and other tubes from Linda.
            She was also moved to a rehab facility!!
            Things are looking good!!

Roy

Comment

Hi Roy ~ I am so glad for you both!!! Thank's for the update and I too will be praying for continued recovery!!!

Ken.

Comment

Sharon / Mark

Originally posted by Sharon C
                Roy & Linda,
                I am so jazzed to hear it went so well this time!!! I thought about you all day yesterday. Once she gets her meds organized, and somewhat of a routine established, she will feel more and more confident. Every day is another day toward feeling better. Mark and I are so happy for you both! I'm just a month out and I'm amazed at how much I can do! I hope she gets to go to a rehab facility for a while: I was there for a week and learned so much in that positive, nurturing environment.
                Thanks for keeping us posted!
                Sharon
                Sharon / Mark.. I lost contact with (Mark).. I am so glad to hear that you are doing well (Sharon)... what a relief!! Ken.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving All!

Linda is doing much better. She is in Rehab. She is getting up and back into bed by herself. She walked about 100 feet today.

Roy

Comment

That's great news Roy! I'm so happy for Linda and the progress she is making! I remember my laps around the hospital floor like it was yesterday...what a great feeling! Tell her to keep up the great work!

Comment

Thanks for the update Roy! Keep encouraging Linda each day. I remember everytime I didn't think I was improving fast enough...my husband would always remind me of how far I had come. I also kept a journal. I would read previous weeks and then realize...yes, I have come a long way. Recovery is tough at best. I will continue to remember Linda and you in my prayers. May God heal her body completely and quickly and may God continue to give you the strength you need to care for her.

Kindest Regards,
                      Gail

Comment

WE ARE GOING HOME!!!!! We should be home Friday evening!
                        Linda has been doing better than the rehab center expected!! She is walking well over 200 feet each time. Going up and down standard stairs! She is doing GREAT!!!!
                        I am sure that she will post as soon as she can, maybe sometime this weekend. I am sure that the travel will wipe her out. But at least we will be home!!

Roy

Comment

Congratulations! Kris

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS to you both!!! There's nothing more comforting and exicting than going home after a very long stay in a hospital. I'm glad to hear that Linda continues to improve. Give her my best!

Comment

Yay! You will see how home is comforting and the healing will come naturally
                              35 y/old female from Montreal, Canada
                              Diagnosed with scoliosis(double major) at age 12, wore Boston brace 4 years at least 23 hours a day-curve progressed
                              Surgery age 26 for 60 degree curve in Oct. 1997 by Dr.Max Aebi-fused T5 to L2
                              Surgery age 28 for a hook removal in Feb. 1999 by Dr.Max Aebi-pain free for 5 years
                              Surgery age 34 in Dec.2005 for broken rod replacement, bigger screws and crosslinks added and pseudarthrosis(non union) by Dr. Jean Ouellet

Comment

Working...
                              X