Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Itchy rash

Hey everyone,
    This is my second post ever, I am new here. I wear a TLSO brace for my 42 degree curve. I get a really bad rash when I wear it. Has anyone else experienced this? I rub my skin with alcohole like Im sposed to be doing but its not getting rid of the rash!!! so if you have any ideas let me know!!

Hi,

Have you washed the brace before wearing it ? There could be chemical residues on the brace, or else maybe you're allergic to the plastic ?

Canadian eh
    Daughter, Deirdre born Oct 2000. Diagnosed with 60 degree curve at the age of 19 months. Serial casting by Dr. Hedden at Sick Kid's Hospital. Currently being treated by Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard in Montreal with the Spinecor brace and curve is holding at "2" degrees. Next appointment 2008

Comment

yeah I have I wear my brace over my clothes so I'm thinking that it is from the detergent in my clothes I also tend to sweat a lot so im thinking it could be like a type of a heat rash. Thanks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by scoliosiscutie
        yeah I have I wear my brace over my clothes so I'm thinking that it is from the detergent in my clothes I also tend to sweat a lot so im thinking it could be like a type of a heat rash. Thanks!!!

I used to have terrible kinds of heat rash from my brace..exept mine was under my clothes..also be careful what kind of fabric u wear right next to your skin, make sure it is soft and wrinkle free. I found that a little baby powder (unscented) worked well after i rinsed and dried the itchy areas with cool water. i know how irritating it can be (no pun intended)
        8years in Boston Brace starting curve 22 degrees, ending around 30 anterior fusion in 2004, curve went from 48 degrees to 25 !!im in college and love to ride horses, swim, and bike!

Comment

thanks so much, Im glad Im not the only one that has this problem! Im going to put some baby powder on like right now!! THANKS!!

Comment

Fungus is no fun!

Do not let me rtepeat do not rub your skin with alcohol, rub the brace with alcohol it helps a lot!!!
            1. Skip the cotton, loose the coolmax, go with under armour shirts that go under sport equipment!!
            2. Talcum for the time being. tal or baby powder help.
            3. Get Zeasorb AF and LotriminAF, Zeasorb is a fungal powder and Lotrimin is a fungal creme. Use both 2X daily for two weeks because you may being experiencing a fungal infection. Continue use if the rash is still there, stop when gone, but continue using Zeasorb afterwords it helps reduce sweat!

Hope this helps,
            Hope

Comment

Working...
            X