Need surgeon in PA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need surgeon in PA

I was contacted by someone who needs surgery. Because of her insurance, she must stay in PA. She has been referred to Dr. James Weis or Dr. Christian Fras. Does anyone have any experience with either doctor? Any suggestions on who to refer her to would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mary Lou

re:doc in PA

Hi Mary Lou,

I am 23 year old female who is on the border of needing surgery for my scoliosis. As a child until 2 years ago, I was a patient of Dr. Drummond at the Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia. My treatment with him was bracing. However, since my growth has stopped, my spine has worsened - which is not uncommon but not the most typical after bracing.

I was referred to Dr. Fras through Dr. Drummond. He was very nice but at my first appointment started talking about surgery, something I didnt expect. I went back to my childhood doctor for his opinion. he said some people have a tendency to over operate (not that this is nec. the case with Fras) but to get some other opinions. Living in Philly and having A LOT of great hospitals around, I've done much research to find the well known doctors who treat scoliosis. There is one i am going to see in a few weeks (so I cant say how he is yet) that has gotten good recommendations. Dr. Rushton, at Pennsylvania Hopsital. Here is a link to the website with all phone numbers
    http://www.pennhealth.com/WagForm/Ma...der&P=LP&ID=56

i hope this helps.. I know how hard the search for the doctor can be..

Sherri
    Sherri
    42ish degree T5-T12
    20 degree T12-L4

Comment

Thanks Sherri.

Mary Lou

Comment

Working...
      X