I Need Help Finding A Doctor!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Need Help Finding A Doctor!!!!!

My daughter is almost 14 years old and was diagnosed with scoliosis in August, with 23 and 20 degree curves. In three months, the thoracic curve has increased to 27, although they say it could just be measurement error. They are talking bracing. I would like to get another opinion. I would ultimately like to find the best around!!! We are in the Atlanta, Georgia area, but we will go where we have to. The SpinCor brace sounds particularly interesting to me. Any ideas??????

Alex's Mom-Call Shriners Hospital. They are some of the best. Their doctors teach a lot of these surgeries all over the world. They are constantly doing research on things that will work better and help the children heal better. Shriners Hospital is a Pediatric Orthopedic Hospital. The doctors clinics, x-ray, physical therapy, prosthetics department, and hospital are all under one roof. You don't have to go anywhere else. It's worth a phone call. They are on the internet and have a website.

Nikki

Comment

Alex's mom, Greenville, SC should be relatively close to you. They are really good with spine issues. You can download an application from the internet for Shrine Hospitals and send it to Greenville. You should be able to qualify for free scoliosis care, no matter what your income. My husband is a doctor (Optometrist) and they paid my daughter's whole surgery, etc. They are wonderful and you can even get transportation if you need it. Kris

Comment

Thanks!!

Thanks for the referrals. I have put an application in with them. I hope to hear back soon!!! :

Comment

Working...
        X