Tomorrow's the day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomorrow's the day!

Well, friends, tomorrow I go in to surgery. By this time tomorrow, I will be under and not worried about anything. So far, I have been able to sleep better than I was even a month ago. Seems like the power of prayer has been carrying me through! I am nervous about the surgery, and I am nervous about my daughter being in TX and me in MA. She's a good kid, but I wish I could see her tonight. Just think of me today and tomorrow & Thursday! Linda
    Last edited by crookedspine; 11-10-2005, 02:59 PM. Reason: update

Good luck! I hope you take some time for yourself today and treat yourself to something nice. I'm having surgery in about a month, and am wondering how I will feel the day before. I am guessing nervous and anxious! I am anticipating hearing how you feel afterward too. In the meantime, I'll send happy thoughts.
    Meg is Spinewhine
    31 years old with thoracic curve
    Wore Boston brace as teenager, but curve continued to progress.
    Surgery on 12/13/2005 with correction from over 55 degrees to under 25 degrees. (Ya baby!)

The nitty gritty at:
    http://spinewhine.blogspot.com/

Comment

Linda, God bless you tomorrow! Kris

Comment

Good Thoughts!!

Here's hoping everything goes according to plan and you are back on this website fully straigt!!
        Look forward to reading about your experience - take care
        Elsa x
        UK mum of 2 girls with scoliosis.
        Younger daughter facing surgery 12th November 2005

Comment

Hope everything goes well with your surgery and recovery, good luck!

Renee

Comment

surgery tomorrow

It helped me to think I actually could be helped; that I didn't have to face the rest of my life smothering (in my case) from my progressing curves.

I was scared but very hopeful-in the end it was worth it.
            Karen
            Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
            Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

Comment

Hey there, just wanted to say 'good luck' before your big day tomorrow... Everything will go fine, and hopefully, we should have you back on here shortly... Good luck and God bless!!
              27 Years Old
              Pre Surgery: 76 and 68 degrees
              Post Surgery: 15 degrees
              www.bentoutofshape.blogspot.com

Comment

Good luck Linda! Can't wait to hear all about your progress!

Comment

Linda,

Wishing you all the best. I just finished saying a prayer for you and I will try to pray for you during the next couple days. You hang in there...it will all be behind you soon.

Kindest Regards,
                  Gail

Comment

Thanks!

Thank you, one and all! My husband and I are both a little anxious and nervous, but not too much...yet. We spent the day sight-seeing the wonderful city of Boston, took a harbor cruise, and had a nice early supper. I have been sleeping really well lately, and hope that tonight will be no exception. Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers. My husband will keep all of you informed as to my progress! Linda

Comment

Hi All!
                      This is Roy, Linda's husband.
                      Well, she did not sleep all that well last night. She woke up at 3, tried to go back to sleep, and gave up at 4am.
                      Her first surgery went well! She is resting comfortably this evening. Second surgery will be thurs. morning.
                      I will keep you all updated.

Roy

Comment

Glad to hear everything went well and hope the second surgery is as successful as the first - Best wishes,

Renee

Comment

It Just Gets Better From Here!

Hey Linda,Hubby and Soon to Be there and Do Thats!
                          I'm so glad to hear you've made it through #1! By the way, This is Sharon C writing; you may remember my husband Mark kept you all updated while I was going through an A/P on October 13th & 17th. After such an ordeal, I can hardly believe I'm up with a walker (just about to go fetch the mail a half block away) and home alone managing pretty damn well after just a month out! I have lots of nifty little helper devices like the grabber tools; I have 2 for a back up, sock putter on-ers (a highly technical term) a shower seat, and a WONDERFUL device Mark installed in the shower that we found at Lowe's, which is a hand held shower head which is attached to a 18" or so vertical bar so that you can slide and "lock" it at various heights. PURE HEAVEN!!!! And I've rented a hospital bed which I may end up buying after all the insurance will pay (which will be credited against the purchase price.) I had trouble sleeping BEFORE the surgery and lost lots of sleep. I still have to get up a couple of times to go pee, but I go right back to sleep and usually sleep 8 or more hours! I broke my personal best yesterday by sleeping an amazing 11! So, other than the occasional pain which I have pretty much under control after much experimenting, the fatigue, short attention span, etc. I could not have asked for a better outcome. All of those of you who feel miserable right now, just let the days past and time WILL do it's thing. It's really amazing how tough these old bodies are.
                          Thanks again for all you kindness and prayers. I'll send it all back your way...
                          Sharon
                          Singing the Blues
                          Female 1951
                          A/P Surgery Oct 13th & 17th '05, from T7-L5, 46 degree curve reduced to 19 degrees. Rib hump almost gone, but I have flatback. Thought it was "normal" and I would improve over time. I developed kyphosis above the surgical area. Had surgery with Dr Menmuir in Reno, Nv on October 13, 2010.
                          Today I am still plagued with flatback, and I'm considering ALIF surgery.

Comment

glad to hear good news

Hi Sharon C.
                            I'm glad to hear that you and Linda are doing well. It gives me some hope for my ordeal coming up next week. I have had trouble sleeping,also. Not falling asleep, but staying asleep. The GP gave me some low dose valium for it. In addition to everyting else we are moving while I am in the hospital. I shouldn't be worried about that, that is my husband's job. Tomorrow I'm going to meet with two women who had fusion to sacrum done by my doctor. They are doing well also, so it should help me calm down some.

Comment

Good evening all!

Linda is doing well!!!
                              Her breathing was a little difficult this morning, but after a few breathing treatments, all is well!
                              Her doctor ordered a new xray this morning, and the first one was bad. That took alot out of her, and they re did it this afternoon.
                              This evening the doctor ordered a new MRI, and she was not looking forward to that, but they gave her a large dose of morphine and she was a happy camper!
                              She is not in any pain, except for when they move her onto the machine tables.
                              Her 2nd surgery is set for thurs. morning.
                              I will post updates.

Roy

Comment

Working...
                              X