information about the surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• information about the surgery

i have scoliosis and i may have to have a operation what is the operation like
    Ben Thrower

That depends on many things, but mostly on the type of surgery (anterior and/or posterior) you're having, and your age. If you post those things, you'll probably hear from several people who had similar surgeries.

--Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

well linda i am 16 and i dunno what tpye of surgery im having
      Ben Thrower

Comment

Hi Ben...

You may want to post your questions to the Adolescent and Teen Patients Surgery forum:

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/forum...?s=&forumid=98

Recovery in teens is very different than recovery in older adults.

Good luck!

Regards,
        Linda
        Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
        Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Advice....

Ben, you will most likely have posterior because that is the method most doctors prefer. It's alot easier and alot more practical. I have a friend who has anterior and the only reason she had that was because she had existing scars on her back and they didn't want to mess with that. It just made life easier for all of them to do and ANterior surgery. It doesn't hurt. I had surgery right after my 13th birthday. I weighed a mere 80pounds and I was fine. I'm sure you will be too. It doesn't hurt. You really don't notice it until about 3 years later. Then you start getting pretty bad back pain. My back spasms extremely bad usually about every 3 months putting me in bed rest for a week. I go for *scalding rock* treatments and it helps alot. My advice to you is to stay away from alot of meds and alot of treatment at first because as you get older the pain increases and you don't want to have a tolerance to pain meds. TRUST ME!.. Good luck with everything
          **Beth**

Comment

Working...
          X