help for sister

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help for sister

I am new here and am wondering if anyone knows anything about getting help for people with scoliosis? My sister is not a canidate for surgery, although hers is pretty bad. She also has mitralvalve prolapse and dyautonomia. She is 25 and works as a phyiscal trainer for people who have had strokes, gastro bi-pass,... She has a horrible time just getting up in the morning and never feels good. Is there any money help for people like this? Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    Thanks for any help you can give.

Jcat

Jcat...

What kind of help is your sister looking for and why isn't she a candidate for surgery? If she's unable to continue working, she may qualify for disability.

--Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Familial disautonomia/scoliosis

Here is an excerpt from the National Library of Medicine describing the problem:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...825&query_hl=8

Bracing does not help in these cases but surgery can help:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...287&query_hl=8

The Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City has experience with this special type of scoliosis.

Karen
      Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
      Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

Comment

Working...
      X