ketosis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ketosis?

Ok, folks. Another question. What is ketosis? I saw Dr. Glazer today (really liked him!), and he said that in addition to scoliosis and stenosis I have ketosis. Can you help? Maybe I am spelling it wrong. He says my upper back was full of ketosis. I never new my upper back had much wrong with it. I am having surgery on Tuesday & Thursday. I would like to know more about it before then. Thanks, everyone! Linda

Could he have maybe said "Kyphosis"? Kyphosis is a curvature that is more from front to back instead of side to side like with Scoliosis. Some people actually have only Kyphosis and some just Scoliosis. My daughter has both so she actually has what is called "Kyphoscoliosis". I hope this helps a little. Feel free to ask if you have more questions.

Mary Lou
    Last edited by ; 11-04-2005, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Hi Liinda...

I hope that you mean kyphosis, which is an abnormally large curve of the spine when viewed from the side. You can read about it here:

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/fact/thr_r...category=Spine

If you have kyphosis in addition to scoliosis, you would have kyphoscoliosis, which are abnormal curves in the back when viewed from both the side and the front or back.

Ketosis is what happens when your body converts fat into energy.

Regards,
      Linda
      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
      Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

You are both right. We went back to the clinic today & asked. It is kyphosis. So I guess I have kyphoscoliosis. Another thing he said was that my spine had already done some fusing of its own. Leave it to my body to fuse BEFORE the surgery! Thanks for all the information.

Comment

Working...
        X