books on scoliosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• books on scoliosis

umm. I want to know good books on scoliosis.
    In Korea(I mean south), there are some books written in Korean, but I think foreign book will be better. (There were only 2 books on scoliosis when I visited the biggest bookstore in Korea, so there are not many choices for me)

Would you recommend me good books? It will be surely difficult read medical terms in English, but I will try to read and to get some up-to-date information.

The one I like best as far as giving you real, honest information is by The Scoliosis Sourcebook by Neuwirth and Osbourne.
    Scoliosis-Ascending the curve is ok, has more stories/case studies/pictures than Neuwirth's book. But the information isn't as in depth I don't think.
    Stopping Scoliosis isn't that helpful, I don't think. It's good, I think, for people who want information but don't really want to know the in-depth stuff because they'll get worried/scared by it.
    Blair

Dec 15th, 2003 @ age of 20
    Posterior Fusion and CD Horizon instrumentation T2-L1.
    Surgery by Dr. Herkowitz- Beaumont Hospital of Royal Oak, Michigan
    Excellent correction of 52 degree single left thoracolumbar curve. Slight curve remains in unfused lumbar region but seems stable.
    February 5, 2005- Failed Scar Revision Surgery
    September 17, 2005- 2nd Failed Scar Revision.

Comment

thank you, Blairf83^^

unlike Korean bookstores(online+offline), there are so many books on scoliosis at foreign bookstores(like Amazon.com).
      Your advice is helpful for choosing among so many books^^

Thank you for your advice!
      Last edited by girlfromKorea; 11-02-2005, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Hi Girl from Korea,

I would suggest the following book if you can read English:

Scoliosis Surgery The Definitive Patient's Reference by David K. Wolpert

He does an excellent job of explaining all the medical terms.

Kindest Regards,
        Gail

Comment

Thanx~

Thank you for advising me..^^
          I will order and read.

Maybe reading English books are not easy at all, but trying is important, right?

thanks again~

Comment

Working...
          X